Hacking Help a noob, starfall and backup loader ?

Rinone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

So I've softmoded my Wii, installed the homebrew channel and downgraded to 3.2e

The tutorial that I've followed said to install starfall, so i did. My question is what do i do to play my backups ? Do i need to run starfall channel (which i dont have )? Or use the deafult Backup Loader? or Starfall integrates directly in to Wii's system, so i dont have to anything, just put the backup in ?

Or, is there any other good backup loaders ?

P.S. Sorry for my noobines, i've tried searching and could not find the answer.
Thanks in advance.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no all starfall does is keep you from updating and a few other hacks. Backup launcher is what you run to play backups......................... you say you searched but did you read the stickies. The ultimate noob thread is where this should be posted, youll get better responses in it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Starfall just patches you system menu to do what you have seen while installing it. It doesn't have anything to do with backups. You need a cIOS and a launcher to launch backups, if you use discs or usb doesn't matter for this. Cioscorp replaces the need for launchers, but doesn't change anything for usb. And preloader is a starfall replacement with some additional features, better brick prevention, but a few little flaws.

Go to the noob thread!

Rinone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry i must be a complete idiot. I tried asking in the noob thread, but nobody replied. I'm really confused about the backup loaders, on my SD i have WiiGator v3 (i think) and the Backup Loader 0.3g(gamma) ? However if i install one of them, the new one goes instead of the previous channel ? Which one do i have to use? If i run the Backup Loader wad from the SD i get into the GAMMA menu. At this point I'm really confused. What is the best way to use this? It would be really convenient if i had just 1 channel for backups to use.

P.S. Once again sorry, i did all the reading but that just made me more confused.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't ask questions that are already answered:

Rinone said:
Hello,

Total noooooob here.

I have the Backup Loader channel, and i also have starfall installed. What do i need to run backups ? I've heard something about Gamma, is this the same as the Backup Loader? Do i need to install something additional ?

Thanks in advance.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ May 13 2009, 06:28 PM) Starfall just patches you system menu to do what you have seen while installing it. It doesn't have anything to do with backups. You need a cIOS and a launcher to launch backups, if you use discs or usb doesn't matter for this. Cioscorp replaces the need for launchers, but doesn't change anything for usb. And preloader is a starfall replacement with some additional features, better brick prevention, but a few little flaws.

Go to the noob thread!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E