Help a noob, starfall and backup loader ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rinone, May 13, 2009.

May 13, 2009
  1. Rinone
    OP

Newcomer Rinone Newbie

United States
    Hello,

So I've softmoded my Wii, installed the homebrew channel and downgraded to 3.2e

The tutorial that I've followed said to install starfall, so i did. My question is what do i do to play my backups ? Do i need to run starfall channel (which i dont have )? Or use the deafult Backup Loader? or Starfall integrates directly in to Wii's system, so i dont have to anything, just put the backup in ?

Or, is there any other good backup loaders ?

P.S. Sorry for my noobines, i've tried searching and could not find the answer.
    Thanks in advance.

2. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    no all starfall does is keep you from updating and a few other hacks. Backup launcher is what you run to play backups......................... you say you searched but did you read the stickies. The ultimate noob thread is where this should be posted, youll get better responses in it

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Starfall just patches you system menu to do what you have seen while installing it. It doesn't have anything to do with backups. You need a cIOS and a launcher to launch backups, if you use discs or usb doesn't matter for this. Cioscorp replaces the need for launchers, but doesn't change anything for usb. And preloader is a starfall replacement with some additional features, better brick prevention, but a few little flaws.

Go to the noob thread!

4. Rinone
    OP

Newcomer Rinone Newbie

United States
    I'm sorry i must be a complete idiot. I tried asking in the noob thread, but nobody replied. I'm really confused about the backup loaders, on my SD i have WiiGator v3 (i think) and the Backup Loader 0.3g(gamma) ? However if i install one of them, the new one goes instead of the previous channel ? Which one do i have to use? If i run the Backup Loader wad from the SD i get into the GAMMA menu. At this point I'm really confused. What is the best way to use this? It would be really convenient if i had just 1 channel for backups to use.

P.S. Once again sorry, i did all the reading but that just made me more confused.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Don't ask questions that are already answered: