Help a newbie? NDS/NDSL

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by KubiGR, May 7, 2013.

1. KubiGR
    OP

KubiGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    Greece
    Hello there, I have read many of your guides here to find the flashcart that I should buy, but I am still confused cause there is some conflict between this forum and the seller's info.

I have a nintendo DS (years old) and a newly bought german nintendo ds lite. I just want to play all pokemon versions (got all before emerald official cartiridges) but I also want to be able to trade-battle with my friends. What flashcart do you suggest for me? And please explain so I can understand.

Thank you very much !

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The Catboy likes this.
  3. KubiGR
    OP

KubiGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    Greece
    I have already read that guide many times. If I buy the supercard DSTWO, I will be able to play all DS and 3DS games like they were original?
    Also just for the pokemon games that I want to play, will it really make a difference between R4i Gold/DSN and supercard DSTWO?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Nothing plays 3DS ROMs, and there's no way to play 3DS games on a DS/Lite, period.

And all the carts there play DS games just fine.

5. KubiGR
    OP

KubiGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    Greece
    Ok then, thank you crazy cat lady :) I will compare the R4i and the supercard then and I will buy one of them then.

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Just in case you wanted GBA as well... the DSTwo has it's own GBA emulator that's much better than the emulator any R4 or other flash cart can use, but it's still not perfect. For almost perfect GBA gameplay, a slot-2 (GBA slot) flash cart should be used as well as a slot-1 (DS slot).

7. KubiGR
    OP

KubiGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2013
    Greece
    I don't want GBA emulator cause I got the original cartridges :) I think I will buy the R4i Gold cause of it's low cost and I just want to play pokemon games on my NDS/NDSL so no slow-mo,cheats and the other bonus stuff. Correct me if I say something wrong

8. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.
    If your referring to things like pokemon HG/SS, B/W, B2/W2. Your going to deal with the AP which will slow you down in another way.

9. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    If they're using a recent cart, all they need to do is update the files on the MicroSD and those games will work fine.