Longbaugh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so heres the deal, I upgraded recently from 3.3u to 4.1u to get in on that sd menu. When I was on 3.3 everything worked fine. I had no problems whatsoever.

I used the guide here http://www.mediafire.com/?xywqdgzmnnw to upgrade to 4.1. I used to use usbloader gx 792 i think it was. I can load active but then when it would get to any show me how video the game would hard lock with no sound. When I powered the wii back on. BOOM. Your system files have been corrupted. (bootmii to the rescue). So this happens every time right? Remember I had NO problems with this game on 3.3.

So I update usbloadergx to whatever the latest channel version on the site is. I think 815 or 812 to fix some lockups with NSMBW. I was able to load Active just fine and even watch the show me how video so I said cool it works. I hit home and click wii menu and BAM. System files corrupted. AGAIN. Seriously Ive had to restore my nand like 8 times. None of the times I powered off or exited the game was any data saving, you know accessing system do not power off kinda thing. Can anyone shed some light on why the hell this is happening? I would really appreciate it. This game actually has exercises my tubby ass can handle.

Thanks,

-Longbaugh.

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like ur wii system and the copy you made are corrupted and being triggered by sumthin in game.......in fact may have heppened during ur update process....not sayin u did anything wrong but it happens....did u make nand back before update

Longbaugh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dr4c0 said:
sounds like ur wii system and the copy you made are corrupted and being triggered by sumthin in game.......in fact may have heppened during ur update process....not sayin u did anything wrong but it happens....did u make nand back before update

I kinda thought the nand backup was implied when I mentioned that I did 8 restores. Not trying to be a dick, just if youre going to try and help (thank you btw) I'd appreciate it if my whole post was read. Btw I have sporadic internet access at the moment so I may not be able to reply right away. Additionally I don't think the game was corrupted, Out of 142 games this is the only one doing this, if there was corruption wouldn't it stand to reason that more games would exhibit this behavior? Besides the update process doesnt' do any writing to the usb drive....which was disconnected from the wii during the update process. I would like to take this chance to reiterate that the game worked 100% before I updated. I'm thinking theres some cios thats all jacked up.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
reinstall your cios (update to rev 14 is you aren't, my advice).
reinstall your system menu.
Reinstalling the system menu can be done many ways, depending if your wii is connected to the internet or not.

Longbaugh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
reinstall your cios (update to rev 14 is you aren't, my advice).
reinstall your system menu.
Reinstalling the system menu can be done many ways, depending if your wii is connected to the internet or not.

I think im on rev 14 i forget, the installer gave a choice said do you want mariokart to work or ssbm to work, I chose Mariokart. I forget for the life of me what version it was. I do not currently have internet for the wii right now, I'm tethering my laptop to my phone via wifi to get internet atm. The wii will see my phone as an access point but it fails the connection test each time. Which method would you recommend for a offline install? Is there any step by step guides you can link me to please?

Edit: My phone is getting low on battery so Im going to sign off for the night and play elebits or something. I'll check back tomorrow during work. Thanks for the help that has been provided and any future help as well.

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Longbaugh said:
Dr4c0 said:

I kinda thought the nand backup was implied when I mentioned that I did 8 restores. Not trying to be a dick, just if youre going to try and help (thank you btw) I'd appreciate it if my whole post was read. Btw I have sporadic internet access at the moment so I may not be able to reply right away. Additionally I don't think the game was corrupted, Out of 142 games this is the only one doing this, if there was corruption wouldn't it stand to reason that more games would exhibit this behavior? Besides the update process doesnt' do any writing to the usb drive....which was disconnected from the wii during the update process. I would like to take this chance to reiterate that the game worked 100% before I updated. I'm thinking theres some cios thats all jacked up.

.....thats why i said before update.....i was wondering if you made the Nand backup before you updated to 4.1 or after......not if you made a nand backup at all...thats y i said Did you made a nand backup before update.......i didnt say Did you make a nand backup?... anyways back to the topic

reinstall your system menu like troy said.....or since your updating stuff anyways and you updated to 4.1 you can just update your wii too 4.2..Ninty or a 4.2 installer....i did ninty and was just fine.....that will clean it..... then just remod it...........much better and you will be updated.....if you don't want to do that...

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
try something for me:

Put the Ea Active game again and after the system files are corrupted message, unplug the wii and wait 5 minutes before turning your wii on
I have the same problem with NHL2k10..

After playing it sometimes I have the files system are corrupted.. Just restart it later and it works..

anyboy have the same issue with Nhl2k10?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using EA Active for about 6 months. I would recommend trying to use the PAL version instead. I had lots of problems with the NTSC version crashing the game or causing massive graphical glitches. This might be related to the issues you are seeing.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I forget what game i tried but it did the same thing, it would give a system files corrupted, but unplugging it and waiting for a second it works fine when it comes back on. Its a newer game from disc. I have heard that a messed up iso is the culprit but who knows. not me.

By the way, ea active probably wont help u, try smoking crack, i know lots of ppl that lost 80+lbs in a few months. Just remember, Its important to carbo load when u do NO exercise

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TRushInfo said:
I forget what game i tried but it did the same thing, it would give a system files corrupted, but unplugging it and waiting for a second it works fine when it comes back on. Its a newer game from disc. I have heard that a messed up iso is the culprit but who knows. not me.

By the way, ea active probably wont help u, try smoking crack, i know lots of ppl that lost 80+lbs in a few months. Just remember, Its important to carbo load when u do NO exercise

It's not a messed up iso.. I have the iso of Nhl2k10 and my friend have the same and it didn't do it to him..

Is it safe to continue using the game ??? will it brick my wii someday?

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pete666 said:
TRushInfo said:

It's not a messed up iso.. I have the iso of Nhl2k10 and my friend have the same and it didn't do it to him..

Is it safe to continue using the game ??? will it brick my wii someday?

yes it will bricck your wii....... someday

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system