Hacking [Help]324 Error!I can't fix it!

Kwaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might help out. its from another post with the same problem...

Kwaza said:
Invidiousdemise said:
ok, so I highly doubt it's my dvd's. I tried to boot an original copy of zelda through the backup loader and that did not even work. Still got error 324.

I tried to install CIOS36_rev7 but couldn't get the file needed for it. I tried running wufe to extract IOS36-64-v1024 but that wouldn't run on my wii... it was originally named boot.elf... that wouldn't run... i renamed it to boot.dol... that wouldn't run either... i tried the damn tutorial for gamma so many times it's not funny.

i've used any title deleter over and over and removed IOS249 and also used the uninstaller to remove it too. Then reinstalled it over and over using the installer that came with gama.

I still cannot get anything to boot through the loader. I still keep getting 324 error... does anybody know exactly what this error means?

Hey Invidious, Im new as well and I kept having your same problem. I installed everything, had my wii updated to 3.3U and installed the cios fix and followed the guides. I had IOS249 installed but my Wiigator Gamma would not play the games I had burned, I kept getting the IOS324 error. I also burned the games on Sony DVD-R discs and I kept getting the error. Although im using IMGBurn with 3x speed. I thought that maybe I was burning my games wrong or using the wrong software. I searched all over the forums to try different things to find a solution and I was beginning to think it was my media. But I kept reading that it was a cIOS problem.
However, somehow I was able to get the backup launcher gamma to read my burned discs that it was refusing to read before. I dont think its a media issue, its a cIOS issue, im sure of it now. Anyways, you can try what I did in the exact order, hopefully it works for u as it did for me.

1. First I opened IOS Downgrader and followed the instructions to install all the new necessary IOS files.

2. Then I uninstalled IOS249 with AnytitleDeleter, and went back down to IOS36.

3. Then I installed the Shop Channel Update using the "Install Shop IOS51" boot file from the Wii Fix Tools zip file. http://www.filefactory.com/file/aee5db/n/Wii_Fix_Tools_zip.

4. In the installation of the shop channel update, I said yes to instlalling IOS51, then yes to patching a fix and yes to updading the Wii Shop Channel.

5. After that, I installed IOS249 again but this time with the cIOS Installer 249 that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

6. And finally I installed 3.3 Update that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

After all this, I was suprised to find out that my burned discs actually booted up. Like I said, I dont know which step fixed my problem but I suggest u try all the steps in the exact order and hopefully the 324 Error will go away.

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kwaza said:
This might help out. its from another post with the same problem...

Kwaza said:
Invidiousdemise said:
ok, so I highly doubt it's my dvd's. I tried to boot an original copy of zelda through the backup loader and that did not even work. Still got error 324.

I tried to install CIOS36_rev7 but couldn't get the file needed for it. I tried running wufe to extract IOS36-64-v1024 but that wouldn't run on my wii... it was originally named boot.elf... that wouldn't run... i renamed it to boot.dol... that wouldn't run either... i tried the damn tutorial for gamma so many times it's not funny.

i've used any title deleter over and over and removed IOS249 and also used the uninstaller to remove it too. Then reinstalled it over and over using the installer that came with gama.

I still cannot get anything to boot through the loader. I still keep getting 324 error... does anybody know exactly what this error means?

Hey Invidious, Im new as well and I kept having your same problem. I installed everything, had my wii updated to 3.3U and installed the cios fix and followed the guides. I had IOS249 installed but my Wiigator Gamma would not play the games I had burned, I kept getting the IOS324 error. I also burned the games on Sony DVD-R discs and I kept getting the error. Although im using IMGBurn with 3x speed. I thought that maybe I was burning my games wrong or using the wrong software. I searched all over the forums to try different things to find a solution and I was beginning to think it was my media. But I kept reading that it was a cIOS problem.
However, somehow I was able to get the backup launcher gamma to read my burned discs that it was refusing to read before. I dont think its a media issue, its a cIOS issue, im sure of it now. Anyways, you can try what I did in the exact order, hopefully it works for u as it did for me.

1. First I opened IOS Downgrader and followed the instructions to install all the new necessary IOS files.

2. Then I uninstalled IOS249 with AnytitleDeleter, and went back down to IOS36.

3. Then I installed the Shop Channel Update using the "Install Shop IOS51" boot file from the Wii Fix Tools zip file. http://www.filefactory.com/file/aee5db/n/Wii_Fix_Tools_zip.

4. In the installation of the shop channel update, I said yes to instlalling IOS51, then yes to patching a fix and yes to updading the Wii Shop Channel.

5. After that, I installed IOS249 again but this time with the cIOS Installer 249 that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

6. And finally I installed 3.3 Update that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

After all this, I was suprised to find out that my burned discs actually booted up. Like I said, I dont know which step fixed my problem but I suggest u try all the steps in the exact order and hopefully the 324 Error will go away.

Can you tell me where you download the 3.3 update from Wiigator's gamma zip file? I could only find the cIOS installer file and the Gamma file. Sry and thx
biggrin.gif

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
324 is BAD media that's all, Every game i've burned works except for the 2 discs which both give 324 which i tried burning when i was using heavy resources with other apps which made the memory buffer drop below 0% which basically fucks the disc up

(Which i now no is not the case!! Originals stopped working!)

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
alien8d said:
Had this exact same prob... if your using dvd+r make sure your booktype is dvd-rom and that your dvd burner can support dvd-rom writing. My dvd burner couldnt write dvd-rom booktype. What I did to fix it was burn using a different dvd burner and it worked perfectly. If you need help setting your booktype google it and a lot of info will come up.

_-^N8^-_
Not dvd-rom, dvd-r...
They are different
tongue.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Wii drive just doesn't take DVD+R booktyped discs. It is made to take only DVD-ROMs but for some reason it also takes -R... well Nintendos security again. XD
So changing the booktype of +Rs to ROM will help.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recomend to anyone having problems with 324 error to use IOS Downgrader 1.0, after that use AnyTD to delete IOS249, and then install the new cIOS with Waninkoko's cIOS36_r7 via Wi-Fi, I had that problem and installing this I didn't have to change my media, I AM USING MEMOREX DVD+R (BookTyped DVD-ROM)

unr007d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem.....when i first started i had 3.3u and followed EOC's guide to the T and i get this error with every disc i have used....(verbatim and sony and memorex and jvc) all dvd-r's i burnt them with imgburn at 2x, 3x, and 4x and nothing works!!!!very frustrating....i saw kwaza's reply and followed it too...except i already had the shop installed so i skipped that part and the 3.3 update? don't know what that is for so i skipped it too...was that something i HAD to install when i'm on 3.2? is there anything i am missing or doing wrong cause i think i have done everything right but just can't get it to work.....any more help would be greatly appreciated....thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1