Homebrew RELEASE hekate-ipl-4.x - HBL on 4.x

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working changed to a 32gb same result.

In the end went to tools dump boot. That dumped now it works

Not sure why that made it work. Was i supposed to do that first??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Not sure why it worked after and not before. I dumped mine before I even booted into Horizon so I can't really say.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Let me tell you something interesting: up until now I didn't even try to launch the fg sample payload but after checking this release (I am on 4.0.1 by the way), I got excited and gave it a go. Right now? Homebrew is rocking on my switch and I even played some of this Zelda Solarus game. I'm currently getting a rawnand back-up on my 128 GB SD card.

What a great release this is! Thank you a bunch!

Puppydogpals

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure why it worked after and not before. I dumped mine before I even booted into Horizon so I can't really say.
Only reason i tried it was someone on a video did this first before he booted the cfw.

His would not dump but did boot cfw

Maybe it's a sd recognition bug or something not sure. Sucesfully run ScummVM

Last edited by Puppydogpals,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't update..Stay where u are this does next to nothing..in the end you will probably get full CFW before 4.x.x i'm on this 4.1.0 right now and it's almost useless unless you want to play A zelda homebrew.
No, everyone is getting the same CFW at the same time. Please make sure you read the latest information before attempting to help others. It's also not useless as some users want to backup their NANDs before attempting any type of homebrew hijinks.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Does this work using NXLoader on android??

I just tried it the menu loads up.

Select cfw

Screen changes about 6 lines of text flash up quickly.. think l last one says rebuilding something.

Goes black switch logo comes up

Boots into the switch but I press gallery but my pictures show up......

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong

Seen this if sd is most full or cable is not right. . Nxloader is how I deploy it all from an s8 edge.

ANIL007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I'm on 4.1.0 What can i do now ?

i opening with swf but not reading my sdcart.

i dont want update

Attachments

• xTzOpWk.jpg
    xTzOpWk.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 422

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's model? I just ordered 128Gb MicroSD Samsung EVO Plus Class 10. Now i'm kinda afraid that i need to cancel it.
128GB Samsung EVO, the UHS-3 one, it'll probably have the same issue but you don't have to cancel it, this is only a bug with Hekate's current version, the devs at Reswitched have already fixed it, so when the proper CFW comes out, it'll work

Reactions: xenofly

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Νοοb question. When we turn off the console..we need to do any step again?
You will have to do everything again..as far as the jig and booting it back up..sd stuff should already be done.
No, everyone is getting the same CFW at the same time. Please make sure you read the latest information before attempting to help others. It's also not useless as some users want to backup their NANDs before attempting any type of homebrew hijinks.
So your saying he should update? Because I don't think that's the best advice either.

Reactions: ThodorisGR

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So your saying he should update? Because I don't think that's the best advice either.
No, I'm saying you shouldn't tell people that one firmware is getting something quicker than the other. All FW are getting it at the same time, so if he WANTS to update, it's fine. He's not missing anything except a software entry point in the future.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, I just ran this payload for the first time with the jig I ordered today, works as expected. However, the crashing in sleepmode issue is certainly not something enjoyable, it would be nice to keep the device in sleepmode and always have access to HBL. Anyway, it's a good proof of concept. Thanks a ton for providing this!

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm saying you shouldn't tell people that one firmware is getting something quicker than the other. All FW are getting it at the same time, so if he WANTS to update, it's fine. He's not missing anything except a software entry point in the future.
Ok the time thing isn't main point I was trying to make. I wouldn't update for this...yet..But after looking again he is on 3.0.2 not the golden 3.0.0 so maybe he should. I think that might be the most useless FW to be on right now. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by link42586,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok the time thing isn't main point I was trying to make. I wouldn't update for this...yet

in the end you will probably get full CFW before 4.x.x i'm on this 4.1.0 right now and it's almost useless unless you want to play A zelda homebrew.

Then you may want to make that more clear in the future. From that sentence alone, you made it seem that lower firmwares were going to get CFW before others, which is false. That's all I was meaning to point out.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you may want to make that more clear in the future. From that sentence alone, you made it seem that lower firmwares were going to get CFW before others, which is false. That's all I was meaning to point out.
Could u point me to the spot it says all at once? Last I read it was sounding like it was gonna be A staggered release kinda thing. Although from another pinned thread it says this
  • 3.0.1 - 4.1.0 are interchangeable, and also good. If you're on them, *stay* on them. They are "safe" for custom firmware, but you currently cannot use the Homebrew Launcher with them. It will need a hardmod to launch CFW, but will eventually see a hardmod-less solution.
Seems to be A little out of date with the HBL thing but maybe 3.0.2 is the "same" as 4.1.0. Might not need to update at all to use the current release of things. Even NAND backup.

Last edited by link42586,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could u point me to the spot it says all at once? Last I read it was sounding like it was gonna be A staggered release kinda thing. Although from another pinned thread it says this
  • 3.0.1 - 4.1.0 are interchangeable, and also good. If you're on them, *stay* on them. They are "safe" for custom firmware, but you currently cannot use the Homebrew Launcher with them. It will need a hardmod to launch CFW, but will eventually see a hardmod-less solution.
That's old and hasn't been updated. This was before RCM was public. That's what the hardmod statement was referencing. See below.

Unbenannt.png

You *may* get it sooner on 1.0.0, so I do stand corrected, but the user we were talking about wasn't on 1.0.0, as most people are not on 1.0.0. Note, this is also before RCM was made public, but that doesn't matter considering that we all know what the "less convenient" statement was referencing.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's old and hasn't been updated. This was before RCM was public. That's what the hardmod statement was referencing. See below.

Unbenannt.png

You *may* get it sooner on 1.0.0, so I do stand corrected, but the user we were talking about wasn't on 1.0.0, as most people are not on 1.0.0. Note, this is also before RCM was made public, but that doesn't matter considering that we all know what the "less convenient" statement was referencing.
Good deal. I remember that now. All good I just didn't want that person to update. The CFW thing I shoulda been more clear about but now I know it doesn't matter unless ur on 1.0.0. All good the more info people know the better.

Reactions: Deathscreton

Hebulicore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to run this but hit some roadblocks. I 3d printed the fail0verflow jig made for the usb connector, but can't figure out how to actually get the connector out of the usb to put in the jig. Are there any video tutorials on it?
The micro usbs I tried didn't have the same chip as his so I printed one where you run a wire through and it works great. It's really easy to do. Look up user Maketo on thingiverse and it's on his profile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.