HeartGold hack no longer loads through twilight menu

ViridianStarlight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I've been playing through a ROM hack called 'Pokemon Refined Gold' through Twilight Menu, however, after updating to the latest version, it no longer seems to load for me.

I had a few issues running the game in the first place. It seemed to always freeze up on a white screen after loading NDS bootstrap, however after applying an AP patch and (though I'm not sure why) moving the rom into a different directory, it began to load properly - albeit without IR functionality.

I updated Twilight Menu to see if that would help with the IR problem, but after that the game went back to freezing. The ROM has no issues running on an emulator, so I assume the AP measures have something to do with the problem. I have tried a few different versions of Twilight Menu, but none seem to load the ROM correctly, and as I'm unsure what configuration I originally had installed, I can't simply revert it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

UPDATE
I have reverted Twilight Menu all the way back to 12.2.1, and NDS bootstrap to 30.1, and this seems to have resolved both issues. Hopefully that workaround will be useful for anyone in a similar situation in the future <3

Last edited by ViridianStarlight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night