headphones, wd tv live?

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends. HDMI is Audio and Video, and unless your device allows you to route the audio channel into another form, you can't do any sort of audio routing while on HDMI.
It looks like digital audio is supported, so audio is likely able to be routed to that, but I don't know if you can route audio from composite stereo, while still having HDMI plugged in like you can on a PS3.

If you can route audio to composite stereo, all you need is a few connector adapters and wires. The Red and White cables are your Left and Right sound. You'll want a Stereo to 3.5mm cable with male and female ends appropriated to what you need. They normally go for $2-$5 on eBay and Amazon. Don't buy from China or you'll wait 15 days.

If your Wireless headset is 2.4ghz or other, I'm sure you'll know what to do as far as connecting goes. If your headset is Bluetooth, you'll need a transmitter to compliment your sink (Headphones). If Bluetooth is the case, I'll recommend one of these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQUNODQ...TF8&colid=26BV3J9GD8Q8P&coliid=I3PSVG3FNKA0L6
They're versatile, cheap price vs quality, and highly rated.

You should test if you can separate audio to a different output before you make any purchases. And you'll need to be aware of any potential audio to video lag that might come out of using Bluetooth or separating audio from hdmi. AD2P Bluetooth can be milliseconds longer than video to varying degrees, so you might not notice a de-sync, not mind de-sync, or de-sync can be so bad it'll render video-based activities useless. I can only tell you the tools you'll might need, the rest is up to you.

Alternatively it seems, you can buy an optical audio cable ($4 on Amazon), and then buy a converting device that will input optical signal and output to analog signal if composite routing isn't an option, but still needing a Stereo to 3.5mm cable will be needed, as well as the BT transmitter if your headphones should need it, and likely another power source to power the converter (An empty wall outlet or hopefully USB from TV).

Reactions: longernohuman

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Modern TV only has optical out, and that's for OTA to receiver, not external HDMI.

If budget permits I would go with: Optical > Fiio E17 > Bluetooth transmitter. I used to use Fiio E17 to listen to optical on my IEM.

If you are low on budget then just go with Monoprice HDMI audio extractor. It'll also act like a DAC and output 3.5 mm headphone jack. I never used it before so I cannot attest to its audio quality.

I suppose you can also do Optical > Fiio D03K > RCA to 3.5 mm cable adapter > Bluetooth transmitter.

Fiio D03K and E17 do NOT support AC3/DTS audio over optical. Monoprice doesn't say if its HDMI audio extractor can decode AC3/DTS. So operate under the assumption that they can only deal with LPCM and convert any video file that uses AC3/DTS into AAC/Vorbis/FLAC.

Reactions: longernohuman

longernohuman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after some research, the only way to use headphones is through tv.
I bought stereo headphone and speakers.
I connect stereo headphone directly with sony lcd tv and it worked! the voulme can be controlled by the remote control.
I also connect sony Wireless Stereo Headset with the speakers i bought"it has headphones port" and the speakers with the tv and it works, the sound is way better than the stereo headphone.
now i need this:
311hgPq0rfL._SX425_.jpg

to do the same with non hd tv.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...