HDloader and multi-disc question?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Sumea, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010

HDloader and multi-disc question? by Sumea at 5:27 AM (2,818 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Sumea
    OP

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Just a small question.

I want to play Xenosaga series from hard drive - and every list in (every one of the TWO I know of...) says they all are compatible - but the interesting thing is that aside Xenosaga Ep. 1 - Xenosaga 2 and 3 are both two disc games.

Now, I am not nuclear scientist, and that is not needed to get the memo that - multidisc game kinda do not work right with HDloader - or do they? is there way to play Xenosaga from HDD?

Is there say, possible to save to disc save, and load from second disc?

I dunno, enlighten me, please.

2. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Multi disc games do not work on HDD unless they ask you to save before putting in the second disk. You will need the 2nd disk in and save disk two before you could load the game off hdloader. There are some patches for some multidisk games, some could be merged to 1 image also, second disc save files.
    My copy of Xenosaga 2 asks to save before inserting disk, once it saves, you can put in disk 2 and it loads the save from there.

3. Sumea
    OP

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Thanks for that - I was wondering that. I am happy so now I can go on and try it out.

Actually, test it on OpenPS2 loader because Xenosaga 2 has problems with HDloader (according to reports) so off to see how things are in OpenPS2loader

Thanks for that reply because it would be frustrating to play half of game only to find out I cannot play second half at all.

4. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    If all else fails you could just use the ESR Patch and patch your games.

5. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yeah, I'm not sure about Xenosaga 3 though.

I [THINK] that would be the same as loading them off the HDD, as when u swap disk it would not work unless you load ESR first... unless it tells you to save before switching disk... Also we do not know if OP's drive still work.I think there is a network loading for the ps2, not sure how it deals with multi-disk also.