Homebrew HD Output

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a device that supposedly converts the Wii's signal to HD... the colours seem to pop a little more but apart from that I haven't really noticed a difference (I just wanted to use an HD cable as I have an HD hub) - I was just wondering if it's possible for future homebrew to utilise this device in any way?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think that'll happen since the Wii does not support HD in any kind or way. Even if you use an adapter it should make no/little difference. :(

Wii only supports up to 480i and I believe 480p.

Sorry you'll have to wait till Wiiu.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
that'll take a while to get hacked though ;p
just wondering if an app outputted in an HD format if the adaptor would pick up the signal and run with it - I don't really understand anything about this but I'd guess not, just thought I'd confirm :)

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that'll take a while to get hacked though ;p
just wondering if an app outputted in an HD format if the adaptor would pick up the signal and run with it - I don't really understand anything about this but I'd guess not, just thought I'd confirm :)

I don't understand much either, but the Wii does not support HD output in any kind :P but if the colors are better then your lucky! ;)

And you never know, the Wiiu might be hacked on day one!

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is not so much it "converts a wii's signal to hd", it converts an analoge signal to a digital one, hence the richer colours you are seeing. For improved picture it will only upscale the picture, for homebrew devs doing more with it, no chance as the Wii is still rendering the video

Reactions: 1 person

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it is not so much it "converts a wii's signal to hd", it converts an analoge signal to a digital one, hence the richer colours you are seeing. For improved picture it will only upscale the picture, for homebrew devs doing more with it, no chance as the Wii is still rendering the video

gotcha - cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-