Homebrew HD Output

crimsonnight

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2008
Messages
337
Reaction score
15
Trophies
1
XP
780
Country
I have a device that supposedly converts the Wii's signal to HD... the colours seem to pop a little more but apart from that I haven't really noticed a difference (I just wanted to use an HD cable as I have an HD hub) - I was just wondering if it's possible for future homebrew to utilise this device in any way?
 
I don't think that'll happen since the Wii does not support HD in any kind or way. Even if you use an adapter it should make no/little difference. :(

Wii only supports up to 480i and I believe 480p.

Sorry you'll have to wait till Wiiu.
 
that'll take a while to get hacked though ;p
just wondering if an app outputted in an HD format if the adaptor would pick up the signal and run with it - I don't really understand anything about this but I'd guess not, just thought I'd confirm :)
 
that'll take a while to get hacked though ;p
just wondering if an app outputted in an HD format if the adaptor would pick up the signal and run with it - I don't really understand anything about this but I'd guess not, just thought I'd confirm :)

I don't understand much either, but the Wii does not support HD output in any kind :P but if the colors are better then your lucky! ;)

And you never know, the Wiiu might be hacked on day one!
 
it is not so much it "converts a wii's signal to hd", it converts an analoge signal to a digital one, hence the richer colours you are seeing. For improved picture it will only upscale the picture, for homebrew devs doing more with it, no chance as the Wii is still rendering the video
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
it is not so much it "converts a wii's signal to hd", it converts an analoge signal to a digital one, hence the richer colours you are seeing. For improved picture it will only upscale the picture, for homebrew devs doing more with it, no chance as the Wii is still rendering the video

gotcha - cheers!
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted