Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The_Jinx_%28miniseries%29_POSTER.jpg

I was listening to the latest episode of the gaming podcast 'DLC' last week and on it they had Adam Sessler as a special guest. At the end of the show they always recommend something to the listeners, usually outside of gaming that they feel is worth checking out.
When they asked Adam, he said 'HBO's The Jinx'. Just watch one episode and you'll be hooked.
Usually I wouldn't take advice from the Sess, but I'm into anything from HBO so gave it a whirl.
The Jinx is a mini-series docu drama about a billionaire property developer from Manhattan who has seemingly gotten away with 3 murders. The series is only 6 episodes long with a total run time of about 240 mins - you could watch the whole thing in a day.
If this sounds interesting to you, or you like HBO's stuff, don't look it up or read anything about it (it has a 9.1 rating on imdb, looking it up in even google could spoil the whole thing for you), just watch it. It's gripping and the final episode was so chilling and worth the investment of the whole series.

Anyone seen it? If you do check it out let me know what you thought about it, it might feel a bit slow in the middle, but stick with it to the end. It's worth it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was pretty eh myself >.>

My boss told me about it, said it was super amazing and awesome and I figured I'd just binge watch the 6 episodes. I did that and maybe 2 of the episodes were kind of interesting I guess? I dunno, maybe documentaries just aren't my thing or something, but this was just uninteresting as whole.

The part where he didn't know about the mic being live made me laugh, both times it happened :lol:. But everything else was meh

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Wow really surprised at that. I found the ending to be such great television. Without spoiling anything, in the last minutes the guy basically
became Golum. So creepy. The way 30 years of ducking and diving all came down to one word spelt incorrectly, it was incredible work by the documentary team. He got arrested the day before the final episode aired.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    are you using haxchi, tiramisu or aroma?
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    yeah
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity! +1