Hacking HAXCHI on 5.5.2 (SELF HOSTING method)

pangster79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I started off following the instructions here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/webhack-on-5-5-2.480938/ - however, it soon became apparent (after about 100 or so unsuccessful attempts that this exploit isn't the most reliable). I then researched other options and have came to the firm conclusion that SELF HOSTING is the only reliable way to get this exploit to work. I tried it twice and it worked twice i.e. 100% of the time - it appears as though others have had similar results.

As the original thread has become cluttered with unnecessary posts and people asking the same questions over and over again because they are too lazy to read the information posted - I thought it would be easier to strip out the steps below for ease of reference.

STEPS TO FOLLOW:
1. Prepare your SD card with the files needed - Prepare the needed files
  • prepare your FAT32 SD card with Homebrew launcher, and preferably Haxchi installer to get a persistent and more stable entry point for homebrew.
  • Extract the homebrew launcher (HBL) on your SD card (sd:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf) - I used HBL 1.3
  • If you plan to install Haxchi, be sure you already have a compatible NDS game installed on NAND - I used Dr Kawashiga Brain Training
  • Prepare any other homebrew you want to use, for example Homebrew App Store

2. Download the SOURCE files from the original post or use this the files here:

3. Download Mongoose 6.5 from here:

4. Extract the ZIP you downloaded in Step 1 and put the folder containing these source files on your desktop (see screenshot!)

5. Extract Mongoose and put the application/executable it in the SAME folder as step 3 above (see screenshot!! - the executable or app file 'Mongoose' needs to be in SAME folder)

6. Run MONGOOSE from the folder in STEP 3

7. It should launch a browser on your PC/Mac desktop showing the INDEX.HTML of the payload on your PC

8. Go to your WiiU and ensure the DNS is set to AUTO ASSIGN (remember to switch this back after you've installed HAXCHI)

9. Launch the WIIU browser (delete save data) browser will exit so launch it again (make sure you OPEN the curtains!!)

10. Go to address in WIIU browser as shown on your PC step 7 above (type this EXACTLY including any HTTP and ports provided)

11. This will serve a white page with hyperlinks

12. Select EXPLOIT

13. With any luck about 5 seconds later you should see the WIIU logo in bottom right hand corner and it will launch HBL

===============================================================================================================================================

If the default delta doesn't work - then you can change this manually by following these steps:

Open up your folder (WiiUTest-master) or whatever you called it (on your Desktop) - go to the 'payload' folder and then open the 'exploit.html' file in a text editor.. you'll see a line of code (about 4 lines down):

var delta = 0x02000000; //from 0x0 to 0x04000000 step by 0x01000000

change '2' in the 0x02000000 section above to change the delta i.e. changing this:

var delta = 0x02000000; //from 0x0 to 0x04000000 step by 0x01000000

to this:

var delta = 0x04000000; //from 0x0 to 0x04000000 step by 0x01000000

will change your Delta from 2 to 4.. cycle through each delta (saving the file each time) and repeating each of the manual steps in the instructions above and you should get it to work!

Attachments

• wiiu.jpeg
    wiiu.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 543
Last edited by pangster79,
Reactions: samous

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mongoose works with 5.5.2? I was under the impression that it didn't work due to php support unless that's not an issue with the new exploit.

pangster79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mongoose works with 5.5.2? I was under the impression that it didn't work due to php support unless that's not an issue with the new exploit.

well - clearly it would appear to work now as that's exactly what I used per the instructions above and the screenshot provided! (no idea what did or didn't work in the past as I never had to use this in the past and only used loadiine.ovh webhack)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's y I moved on to xampp with 5.5.1. I don't know what more is needed for 5.5.2 though as I'm still on 5.5.1 and self-hosting with xampp. I use the same app to self host the ps4 web exploit. both work very well.

Reactions: pangster79

MajoraAKC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've created a new index file so that there's no need to change the delta in the payload folder all the time. Just edit the exploit.html for each delta and save as delta1.html, delta2.hrml and so on.

Code:
<title>Web exploit 5.5.2</title>
<style>
.align{text-align: center;}
</style>
<body>
<div class="align">
<h1>Wii U Web exploit for 5.5.2</h1>
  <h2>Exploit</h2>
  <h3>
<a href="payload/delta1.html">Delta 1</a>  <a href="payload/delta2.html">Delta 2</a>  <a href="payload/delta3.html">Delta 3</a>  <a href="payload/delta4.html">Delta 4</a>
</h3>
</div>
<br/>
  <br/>

<style>
.align{text-align: center;}
</style>
<div class="align">
<a href="illuminati.mp4"><h2>Illuminati</h2></a>
<a href="diibugger.mp4"><h2>Diibugger</h2></a>
<a href="tcpgecko.mp4"><h2>TCPGecko</h2></a>

Here's premade index and delta files for the lazy. Please note that I will not update it to later versions.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02697458893240045518

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is this really reliable?

... SELF HOSTING is the only reliable way to get this exploit to work. I tried it twice and it worked twice i.e. 100% of the time - it appears as though others have had similar results.

As the original thread has become cluttered with unnecessary posts and people asking the same questions over and over again because they are too lazy to read the information posted ...

Reactions: naddel81

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great. Thanks for the great guide. Self hosting if using browserhax is always better with self hosting. Maybe I'll work on the all in one some more. Some day...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also do this with xampp. it's pretty simple, install xampp, drop the exploit files into a folder (name it whatever you want), drop that folder into the htdocs folder of xampp, on the wii u type in the ip address of your computer/name of folder you just created. :D

Reactions: Kafluke

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can also do this with xampp. it's pretty simple, install xampp, drop the exploit files into a folder (name it whatever you want), drop that folder into the htdocs folder of xampp, on the wii u type in the ip address of your computer/name of folder you just created. :D
Yup xampp is what I used in the 5.5.1 all in one

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: