Having trouble saving some of my emulated games on my "New" 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by IkeoftheGMF, Sep 30, 2018.

1. IkeoftheGMF
    OP

IkeoftheGMF Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    United States
    Greetings,

Over the past week, I have booted on my 3DS and updated to the latest version 11.8.0-41U. Since updating to the latest firmware, my emulated versions of, "Fire Emblem (GBA)" and "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones", are not saving data. Each time I boot up the either game (no matter what I do or how far I've progressed) when I return, I only see my pre-update saves. I have checked my other 3DS games, but this problem only seems to be effecting my emulated games. Any insight would be appreciated, thank you.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    When you state emulated, are you using mGBA to play your *.gba games? Or are you using GBA Virtual Console games made with NSUI?

3. IkeoftheGMF
    OP

IkeoftheGMF Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    United States
    That is correct.

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Okay, we'll go with mGBA. I'm assuming when you meant emulated, you know that GBA Virtual Console isn't an emulator.

On a computer, try to find save files ending with *.sav extension. Avoid looking in the Nintendo 3DS folder as the ones there are named as 00000001.sav are for 3DS games. If you find the original save files to your GBA games, determine if they're located in the same folder as your *.gba roms.

If you want to specify a separate save directory for mGBA emulator, read here about editing the config.ini file.

IkeoftheGMF likes this.