Homebrew Having trouble saving some of my emulated games on my "New" 3DS

IkeoftheGMF

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

Over the past week, I have booted on my 3DS and updated to the latest version 11.8.0-41U. Since updating to the latest firmware, my emulated versions of, "Fire Emblem (GBA)" and "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones", are not saving data. Each time I boot up the either game (no matter what I do or how far I've progressed) when I return, I only see my pre-update saves. I have checked my other 3DS games, but this problem only seems to be effecting my emulated games. Any insight would be appreciated, thank you.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is correct.
Okay, we'll go with mGBA. I'm assuming when you meant emulated, you know that GBA Virtual Console isn't an emulator.

On a computer, try to find save files ending with *.sav extension. Avoid looking in the Nintendo 3DS folder as the ones there are named as 00000001.sav are for 3DS games. If you find the original save files to your GBA games, determine if they're located in the same folder as your *.gba roms.

If you want to specify a separate save directory for mGBA emulator, read here about editing the config.ini file.

Reactions: IkeoftheGMF

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1