Hacking Having trouble downloading Wii U game

WDecently

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I have recently installed tiramisu on my Wii U and have successfully downloaded a Gamecube Game and a Wii Game using WUP Installer. However, when I do the same process with a Wii U Game (Nintendo Land specifically), it does not work. I am able to select the Nintendo Land folder in WUP Installer, and I go through the process of installation. However when I go to my Wii U Menu, the game is nowhere to be found. Could someone help me out on the issue? I would very much appreciate it.

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried downloading the game from a different source?

When installation is finished, does your storage size change? Or do that thing the 3ds does where it shows "corrupted data"?

WDecently

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried downloading the game from a different source?

When installation is finished, does your storage size change? Or do that thing the 3ds does where it shows "corrupted data"?
I have not checked the storage size before and after installation. And I have not seen any "corrupted data" after installing. I have not tried downloading the game from a different source either, just with Wii U USB Helper. Do you know of any other reliable sources?
Post automatically merged:

Are you sure you didn't install an update or DLC? Head to data management in settings and see what's there.
I am fairly sure, at the least. The download was around 1 gigabyte, and I don't believe updates to be that large

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not checked the storage size before and after installation. And I have not seen any "corrupted data" after installing. I have not tried downloading the game from a different source either, just with Wii U USB Helper. Do you know of any other reliable sources?
Post automatically merged:

I am fairly sure, at the least. The download was around 1 gigabyte, and I don't believe updates to be that large
So you didn't look then?? Some titles updates are 3gb and over so rather than being fairly sure... Go check and then we can rule it out. No one can help with limited information. If you installed a dlc or an update then they're obviously not gonna show anywhere but in the data management... With an explanation of what it is.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No one can help with limited information.
Well, we can at least have a look at Nintendo Land:
  • Main Game: Depending on region roughly between 2.7 and 2.9 GB
  • Update: Roughly between 234 and 361 MB
  • Trial (JAP only) : 2.72 GB
... Nothing of this is "around 1 gigabyte", so not sure what the OP downloaded. We'll see at data management through. ;)

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a good idea to have wii u usb helper verify the files also by redownloading the game with the existing content in the download folder. It will confirm and dl anything that was maybe missed 1st time. Happened to me quite a bit when I used it.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All these issues could have been avoided if the OP would just use NUSspli.
Or anything other than Wii U USB Helper... Really buffled that people still use this today while https://github.com/Xpl0itU/WiiUDownloader exists, for example.

Anyway, that's not the point. The point is something got installed, we just don't know what except that it wasn't Nintendo Land. 😅

WDecently

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, we can at least have a look at Nintendo Land:
  • Main Game: Depending on region roughly between 2.7 and 2.9 GB
  • Update: Roughly between 234 and 361 MB
  • Trial (JAP only) : 2.72 GB
... Nothing of this is "around 1 gigabyte", so not sure what the OP downloaded. We'll see at data management through. ;)
I believe I figured out why my Nintendo Land download was only around 1 gigabyte (1.18 GB, I just checked). My internet went out during the download and it didn't get everything. A little blurb popped up saying the download was ready so I thought that it was able to get it all before my internet went out, but checking the game size on Wii U USB Helper the game is indeed 2.9 GB. I will try redownloading the game and be positive that the file sizes match. Will edit this post with my findings.

EDIT: It worked! Nintendo Land is now on my Wii U. Thank you all for the help!

Last edited by WDecently,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol