Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
12years vb6 (learned myself and still like it the best
tongue.gif
)
4years java (learned it in 1st year of college)
this year ASP.NET with C#

i've seen perl and learned opl by myself when i had a psion series 5 (forgot both of them though)

Programming is not knowing languages however, it's the structuring and analysis & design that's the most important part. Each language is similar once you know how to program (aside from syntax and small structure differences)

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've done Python, a bit of Assembly, and VB.NET. I'm going to take an introductory course for C++ soon. The thing that get most people in programming would have to be the logic, at least that is what I have seen in my classes.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
I know PHP, JavaScript, C, C++, and Visual Basic 6. I've done a tiny bit of Python before, but never really gave it a chance. I recently made a vocabulary review game for my English class in PHP and JavaScript (AJAX ftw), so that people could study for the final exam. The high scores used to be more impressive, but the script did something bad and I had to delete them
frown.gif

sean0007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a massive list I needed to learn in university and at my job. From school html (with css), javascript, c, c++, java, vb.net. On the job XML and SQL (very easy to learn), ASP & ASP.net, and Actionscript 3.0. I know a little python (written one app but very similar to c).

Just realized listing those off that I live a very, very dull life.

Edit: typo.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Nope, I don't do programming. Never have, never will.

.>

What?

xD
I learned a bit of javascript and python, mostly to learn the logic, basic principles of programming, and all that good stuff. I wanted to learn some c++ to do some homebrew, but just could never find the time for it. Summer break is coming up, so I think I'll spend some of my time trying to make some cool games. =)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have, twice. MATLAB for my engineering class my freshman year of college, then a year later with C#. I, uh, hated both. They were unfortunately way out of my league, and of course too similar to escape notice.

The only coding I can somewhat do is HTML, though of course not anymore. =P

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first thing I ever did was on the Commodore 64. My dad had a book of programs and I typed some of those up fo fun.

Then I got qBasic when I was young. Made some simple text based programs to organize my comics.

Then in high school I discovered that my TI-83 used a language very similar to the qBasic I knew so I made some text programs on my calculator.

In college, I had to take an HTML class which also included XHTML where I made some simple webpages.

Shortly after that I had to take a Visual Basic class where my final project was a Hangman game with where you could select a word length, and it then picked from a pre-made bank of words. It was just awesome. I'm gonna have to find it now and upload it.

Lastly, I took a C++ class where I learned so much. But of all the languages I have learned, I'd say C++ is the most robust of them all.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Found it!

jumpman17.gbatemp.net/Hangman.rar

This was the result of many, many sleepless nights of work. It was a team project but I ended up doing everything except for the hangman pictures.

And yes, I realize the high score board doesn't keep the score once you exit the program. I ran out of time and my brain was shot as I pretty much went a week without sleep.
frown.gif

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jumpman17 said:
Found it!

jumpman17.gbatemp.net/Hangman.rar

This was the result of many, many sleepless nights of work. It was a team project but I ended up doing everything except for the hangman pictures.

And yes, I realize the high score board doesn't keep the score once you exit the program. I ran out of time and my brain was shot as I pretty much went a week without sleep.
frown.gif

Did a quick play through. It was nice. *thumbs up*

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've dipped in and out of a few forms of scripting and programming. C, Perl, HTML, ActionScript 2, VB6 (LAWL) and some shell scripts. Extremely basic stuff but that's because I left programming stream to hit up Network design with a touch of security stuff. Wireless shit is oddly interesting.

Anyways, I'm always up for taking a stab at things and I still enjoying writing shit even though everything I know is heavily outdated and worthless outside of hobby and personal use. I thought about looking into DS once or twice and I still think about it from time to time. I've got a lot of free time while I'm job hunting and I guess I think about taking up a lot of things.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've written a few utilities but nothing majorly impressive. Everything I wrote was in Delphi. I chose it mostly because it's so damned logical and easy to read.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes... I know Visual Basic and JAVA. Vb hack ftw.
In website making, I know HTML and PHP. Used the Torque Engine a few times in game making.

mossy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Python, HTML and a little bit of Java. Next semester I'll be learning XML and I intend to learn (teach myself) C and Objective-C in the next year or so. Additional languages are likely since I'm thinking of majoring in Computer Science at uni.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your...