Have I killed my switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by zDisturbed1, Jun 21, 2019.

1. FedDiSte

FedDiSte Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    Italy
    Yes i think
    I'm a little fused right now, from me its 3:06 in the night so i haven't too many ideas, it's hard even traslating to english

2. zDisturbed1
    OP

zDisturbed1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2010
    United States
    Before talking to you gusy my best guess was that I had burned fuses to 8.1.0 that you confirmed and because of trying to restore my nand backup that was on 6.x it was causing it not to boot. I just did not know what dto do about that if it was the issue but you are saying that it should be working as is leaving me stumped.

3. FedDiSte

FedDiSte Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    Italy
    If now you're on 6.x with 10 fuses it will never boot up, i think that's the problem

4. zDisturbed1
    OP

zDisturbed1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2010
    United States
    And there is no way to fix that? I really wish so many people would not say "a backup will fix any problem" if its garbage advice without also saying "as long as the backup is the same version that you are currently running."

5. FedDiSte

FedDiSte Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    Italy
    You have to update manually i think, with choidoujour(not choidoujournx) from the pc

6. zDisturbed1
    OP

zDisturbed1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2010
    United States
    Oh I did not know that was a thing.

7. FedDiSte

FedDiSte Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    Italy
    Yes, but i heard is a loooooooong process, but it's the only way as it seems.

8. zDisturbed1
    OP

zDisturbed1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2010
    United States
    Well if it's that or nothing i guess I will look into that next. Do you know of a guide you would sugest?

9. FedDiSte

FedDiSte Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    Italy
    zDisturbed1 likes this.