Have an EZ Flash IV Lite,

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by keine, Aug 22, 2012.

Aug 22, 2012

Have an EZ Flash IV Lite, by keine at 11:37 PM (548 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I already have an EZ Flash IV Lite for GBA games. Is there any reason beyond aesthetics (my primary right now) to buy a 3-1 or fork out on a EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe. I'm sure people more avid than me have already sought out any left over lite deluxes.

Does the 3-1 have any benefit over my IV Lite, besides actually resembling the dust cover more accurately.
    Are there any reasons?

Again, I have a DSTWO but the emulation on GBA isn't as smooth and tight as native hardware.

2. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I have both the 3 in 1 and the EZ Flash IV (normal GBA size). The big advantage with the 3 in 1 is that I don't have to wait for the "writing save" message that appears with the EZF IV. Not to mention that I can have both GBA and DS roms on the same R4i gold card and it runs both.

Alternatively, the 3 in 1 also has a rumble so not sure if that's a deal breaker but I bought one since it was super cheap at one point.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The 3 in 1 would probably be a backwards step assuming rumble is not your thing- the EZ4 is reasonably self contained where the 3 in 1 really wants a DS slot device to store things and do the cart management. Of course management is not a big issue and some DS carts/programs do it almost seamlessly.

The lite deluxe... it has 384 Mbit of NOR and more importantly 256Mbit of PSRAM so every known GBA game can fit in RAM rather than those few titles bigger than 16 megs having to be written to NOR to run. It does not allow any games the original EZ4/EZ4 lite (or any other non Supercard, non rebadged GBC stuff) can not run just makes some instances a bit nicer.
    The only place I know you can still get a lite deluxe is http://shop.01media.com/brand.asp?ID=434 (clocking around 60 USD before shipping), sadly the shop that was selling them off cheap a while back went and never came back.

2 people like this.
  4. keine
    OP

Member keine GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks! for the awesome replies
    I had more questions, but I'm gonna just google em.