Has Tom Kenny, the Voice of Spongebob, died?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
65901748-tom-kenny.jpg

The internet is flooded with the death rumors of Tom Kenny, who gives his voice for the character, Spongebob. However, the death of Tom Kenny is being considered as a rumor only, as no confirmation has been made by any authentic website.

Above all, the Wikipedia profile of Tom Kenny is also not showing any deaths for the actor. This is not the first time that Tom Kenny is struck by the death rumors.

Twitter is full of tweets stating the voice of Spongebob died and RIP Tony Kelly. Some sources have also reported that the man who does the voice of Spongebob died yesterday 29-10-2010 and producers have decided to run the show for about 2 weeks before canceling it forever.

Source: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/...-spongebob-died

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, because all the previous internet rumors of celebrity deaths have always been so accurate. Also, no company in the world would stop airing a cartoon forever after the voice actor died. They'd most likely try to quickly find a replacement voice. At the least just stop making new episodes. Definitely not stop airing the show though.

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mickey Mouse has went through multiple voice actor deaths and never stopped being profitable, Viacom(Nick) wouldn't stop more Spongebob even if the entire cast died

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he is dead...then who will voice the Ice King from Adventure Time? ;_;

Naw...he can't be dead. There's no proof for it...or against it. Oh well.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...which is why the first thing KingdomBlade did when he read the news some place was rush over here and post it. Because the self important desire to be the first to post something is more important than decency.

And that's how rumors are spread.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bahaha, it's just like the false rumours that circulated the world about how the actor from Blue's Clues died, Steve Burns. I still meet people today who think he committed suicide or died of a drug overdose.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
When someone of some importance dies, expect it on the news or somehow with a reliable source. All rumors are considered fake unless proven otherwise.

Seriously, if tom kenny dies, why would they be hiding the fact that he is dead?
Nickelodeon at least would have said something.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
dib said:
...which is why the first thing KingdomBlade did when he read the news some place was rush over here and post it. Because the self important desire to be the first to post something is more important than decency.

And that's how rumors are spread.

It's just a rumor, I just heard this from a friend so I decided to Google it. I heard it yesterday and checked up a bit. Did I say that it was at all true? Not really. And besides, this rumor already spread everywhere, I just decided to share it, so it can be discussed and analyzed here if it is fake or not. I'm not at all self-centered, I just wanted to talk about it since I've been watching this show since I was 4 years old. It's a rumor, I don't acknowledge that this is at all real.

Something else I read:

QUOTETom Kenny, the voice of the cartoon most loved by kids all over the world, Sponge Bob Square Pants, was rumored to have been dead, that too on the internet!

Now, such rumors about big celebrities are quite a common feature on websites, but then reports are that this is the second time that this master voice make over artist has been targeted by the net.

But why? Is it that he is such a popular artist, that this sort of a rumor would spread mass hysteria, or is it because someone somewhere just heard about it and without trying to confirm the news, just straight away leaked such rumors?

Well, whatever might have led to these mysterious rumors about Tom Kenny’s death, it is rather a relief for all those millions of fans ,all across the world, who just adores Sponge Bob square pants, more for the way he speaks, than the way he looks.

However, besides having given such popularity to the animated character Sponge Bob, Tom Kenny is also well known for many other contributions in the world of voice over’s.

This talented artist, born in Syracuse, New York, on 13th of July 1962,has also popularized Ice King, in the Cartoon Network animated series Adventure Time with Finn and Jake’, and also Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated. His other contributions include various cinematic involvements, and one popular show of Tom Kenny’s is ‘Friday Night at the movies’, on TMC,which played a great role in encouraging kids to create an interest in old movies!

I agree that it is probably a rumor.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I googled 'Tom Kenny' and not one result came up saying 'Tom Kenny Dead'. Do the same with michael jackson a couple of days after his death and that's all you will find. I know the two people are worlds away in popularity but if it was real then you would expect something to be about it especially on his wiki page, which can be edited by anyone.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
link of choice said:
Above all, the Wikipedia profile of Tom Kenny is also not showing any deaths for the actor.

I am torn between two possible replies and being indecisive today I am going to use both

1) Seriously?

2) Give me five minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it