Has Nintendo given up on F-Zero?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Jun 12, 2009.

Jun 12, 2009
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    It seems like Nintendo doesn't care for F-Zero anymore because it has been selling pretty bad and Nintendo decides to scrap the series for now and focus more on casual titles. What do you think?

2. Red Ire Lap

Newcomer Red Ire Lap Advanced Member

Canada
    I think it could go the way of the Metroid from back in the day. It may skip a generation of consoles before we see it again, just like the jump between super metroid and the prime series. Hell Kid Icarus is only now making its resurgence after the NES i think. So who knows, they need to make the series fresh again, except for story mode the GC version wasnt too much different from the other FZeroes i dont think. Time will tell.

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The GBA ones sold well though and F-Zero X is one of the best selling Virtual Console games.

Nintendo are just spreading things out, they're a company that mostly just doesnt churn out sequels (if you forget the Mario & Pokemon spin offs) over and over. They seem to want an reason to continue a series. Look at Smash Bros, Mario Kart even Brain Training, those sold extremely well and yet Nintendo takes its time and chooses whenever to release a certain game.

They may not release a F-Zero because they don't think it'll sell well or they may not do another because they can't think what else to do with the franchise.

People seem to forget that Nintendo are having spread themselves over to hugely popular consoles, they have a ton of existing franchises to continue as well as pursue the "casual" gamer. To be honest I think they've got as much of the "casuals" as possible and they should really go for those who treat gaming as a hobby and not those who treat it more like a board game they take out at parties or family get togethers.

4. EnigmaXtreme

Member EnigmaXtreme GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    F Zero Wii would be awesome, wasnt F Zero for the Gamecube incredibly hard or something?

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, Mario Kart Wii has been selling very well, and F-Zero didn't do well on the Gamecube really. Atleast Cpt. Falcon still lives in SSBB. I still think that F-Zero X was pretty fun. And yes, F-Zero GX was pretty mediocore.

6. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    The system has been out for two and a half years. Give it time, it's not like it's too late for them to make an F-Zero game for Wii.