Hardware Nintendo Switch doesnt boot

dermeister20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys i have a Problem with my Nintendo Switch V2 Mariko. It is in original condition so no Modchip or something else. A few month ago the Switch worked fine than i put it in the cabinet. And now i would like to play but it doesn’t boot up anymore. It only shows the Nintendo Text and than it turns black. First i thought it was the accu but with a new one also the same behaviour. A factory reset is also not possible because if i press and hold vol up and down when i turn it on also only Nintendo text comes and then it turns black and nothing else happens. Has anyone an idea what i can try to get it work again? Thanks very much.

Reactions: cloud-strife777

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Try putting in the charger (Nintendo charger!) and let it charge for 24 hours. It can actually be the battery being so extremely flat that it just goes bonkers.

Reactions: Lamcza and slam2001

dermeister20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer but i tried also a new full Battery with the same result so the battery isn‘t the problem. I also charged it over hours and when i put in the charger it shows the full battery icon on left upper corner.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for your answer but i tried also a new full Battery with the same result so the battery isn‘t the problem. I also charged it over hours and when i put in the charger it shows the full battery icon on left upper corner.
hmm... then it's most likely MT92 or the P13USB chip that handle if the Switch is docked.

Got any multimeter?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes multimeter is here. Do you have and instructions for me where i should start with the measurement?
This is for the Switch v1, but probably roughly the same. Poke around the M92 and P13USB.

Took them from Joey Does Tech's Discord.

Here are some for V2

1702079598043.png

1702079607514.png

1702079614951.png

Attachments

• switch-diode.zip
    961.3 KB · Views: 25

dermeister20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, quick status update. I have now installed a Picofly modchip. I first performed a Nand backup from the Sysnand. That was no problem. I was able to read out the prod.keys with lockpick and was also able to dump the prod info with the nxnandmanager. I then created an emmummc and was able to boot into atmosphere without any problems. But I couldn't boot into the OFW. Then I booted into the Sysnand with Atmosphere with the fusee payload. Afterwards I was able to boot into the OFW via Hekate. The switch was on FW 17.0.0. Then I performed a factory reset in the OFW, went online and updated to FW 17.0.1. Everything worked well. So far so good.

So I can boot into the OFW via Hekate. But I'm not able to boot in OFW when SD Card is not insertet by pressing Vol+ and Vol-. It only shows the Nintendo logo and then black screen. So the same behaviour as before.

But Why? When I boot into CFW or OFW via Hekate everything works fine, so there shouldn't be a hardware problem.

With hekate everything works fine so I don't need to do anything but I don't understand this behaviour and that's why I'm aksing here if anyone knows why I can't boot to OFW without hekate.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I can boot into the OFW via Hekate. But I'm not able to boot in OFW when SD Card is not insertet by pressing Vol+ and Vol-. It only shows the Nintendo logo and then black screen. So the same behaviour as before.
likely interference by dat0 wire to picofly. Either try disconnet all cable from picofly and do normal power on, or you could try replace dat0 resistor to 100 ohm or higher and see if that solve your" 1st logo then black screen" issue

dermeister20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer, but the Picofly installation is not the reason for this problem as this behavior was already occurring before the Picofly modchip was installed. Are there any disadvantages if I only boot to the OFW with Hekate?

But to me it's so strange because the Switch has been used very, very rarely and hasn't been dropped or gotten wet. and suddenly it was no longer possible to boot further than the Nintendo logo

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you check what version is your OFW currently, and then check your burnt fuse count? Hekate can show that if I remember correctly.

If the count doesn't match the OFW version, that might explain why your OFW can not boot by itself, while Hekate can boot it by skipping the fuses check.

dermeister20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don‘t have eFuses Missmatch. My FW Version is 17.0.1 and the Burnt Fuses Are 19. so this isn‘t the error. Now i found out that sometimes when i try to start OFW with hekate it also not work and only shows Nintendo Logo. I don‘t Know what is Happening here. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don‘t have eFuses Missmatch. My FW Version is 17.0.1 and the Burnt Fuses Are 19. so this isn‘t the error. Now i found out that sometimes when i try to start OFW with hekate it also not work and only shows Nintendo Logo. I don‘t Know what is Happening here. Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Only Nintendo Logo is a massive issue. Since it can be a bunch of different hardware component that are f'ed.

But mostly it's the P13USB chip that is wonked.

dermeister20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys im one step forward. I have tried a lot and have now restored my original first backup of emmc. After that i wasn‘t able to boot OFW without sd card but also not with hekate. But I was able to boot OFW withe Atmosphere and over hekate. After that I can boot once without sd card to OFW. But the second boot without sd card has only brought the Nintendo Logo and then black. Then it’s also not possible to boot OFW with hekate. But when I restore the Emmc Backup and boot with atmosphere and than only boot with hekate into OFW it works great. I cab all the time boot to OFW with hekate. I think there must be something happen that’s get the emmc broken when I boot to OFW without sd card. For me I‘m happy with this, because I don‘t have any disadvantages but I don‘t understand what’s wrong with my switch. But now it works and I can do whatever I want besides booting to OFW without sd card. Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1