Hacking Has anyone tried coldboothax?

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
He must of made that post at like the same time since the commit was just 2 hours ago.

What does quicklaunch have to do with anything though? Is that when the gamepad lights up and gives you boot options before actually turning on the wiiu?
no it was released yesterday (22 hours ago version) latest is just bug fix
yup its even faster than the current coldboothax implementation

Last edited by KevinX8,

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can someone link me to a detailed step-by-step tutorial(or video) on how to make this multiboot haxchi with quickstart method work? I'd really appreciate that.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone link me to a detailed step-by-step tutorial(or video) on how to make this multiboot haxchi with quickstart method work? I'd really appreciate that.
Sorry, it's not a step by step, as it will require different hack and tools.

you probably want to see the readme on fix94's github :
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi
and the official thread :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/contenthax-a-vulnerability-in-wii-u-file-system-verification.447688/

it works by using WUP server to replace a VC DS game with a homebrew. (quick explanation)

you need to officially buy a WiiU VC DS game on eshop from the list here :
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases

then use IOSUHax's fw.img (the one with WUP server only, not redNAND) to access your internal files and replace the "rom.zip" of the bought game with the one provided by Fix94.

Launching that VC game, it will auto-boot HBC from your SD card without launching the browser or needing an internet connection or local web server.
You can customize your VC DS game (edit it's icon, splash screen, etc.) and you can also add a "config.txt" redirecting to different homebrew or fw.img to load at launch based on the pressed button.

someone released a "haxchi" installer today :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-haxchi-installer-1-0-noob-friendly.448890/
not tested a lot yet, it's new. But you can do it manually instead with fw.img, wupserver and follow github's readme.

once installed, you can enable the wiiU quick start option in the settings to choose that game and boot directly into it instead of the system menu.
using the quick start menu is safer, don't mess with "coldboothax" (system.xml)

Reactions: Spearel18

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
Using Quick start menu == Letting the Wii U update secretly.

ALWAYS keep that in mind.
1 it can only download the update 2 if you block updates it cannot download the update all the rumors about this are backed up by nothing 3 you can always bypass the update by Power cycling and spamming cancel so even if it manged to download it cannot install it without you letting it

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
I back it up, because it happened to me.

Except there's no Cancel button... XD
If you use proper ip filtering not opendns or something akin to that and an actual proxy or router rules then it can never update the system even with standby enabled
I forgot about that lol fuck nintendo but yeah power cycling works to make the wii u forget there is an update I did that on 5.5.0 when 5.5.1 came out and it didn't install until I let when I found it that homebrew worked on both

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Launching that VC game, it will auto-boot HBC from your SD card without launching the browser or needing an internet connection or local web server.
You can customize your VC DS game (edit it's icon, splash screen, etc.) and you can also add a "config.txt" redirecting to different homebrew or fw.img to load at launch based on the pressed button.
Yep, this is the main reason I ask this, this method pretty much replaces the "self-hosting".
I use sig.patched sysnand, and I think this will be like a forwarder to HBL or CFW Booter(like with the wads on Wii).
Thank you very much for your reply. Figured that I can't have the lazy way around this(I can be that kind of lazy guy sometimes...^_^)
But this anwser is really good and VERY informative. I will dive right into this!
Never used WUPServer before, but I think it's now or never.
Thanks again.

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not ever try in any way possible, even if you are too high to know what's reality or what's fantasy, install the coldboothax because it was all just a LIE by the government. The government wants you to believe that there is something like coldboothax existing but in reality, nothing such as that is existing... ever!

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not ever try in any way possible, even if you are too high to know what's reality or what's fantasy, install the coldboothax because it was all just a LIE by the government. The government wants you to believe that there is something like coldboothax existing but in reality, nothing such as that is existing... ever!
Please don't be serious...

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
This is not even my final form..
upload_2016-11-16_22-55-2.jpeg

yeah now enough with the trolls :ha:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol