Hacking Has anyone ordered from Modchips Direct recently?

TrapperKeeperX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a Gateway 3DS on Saturday they took my money out on Monday and still hasn't shipped out is this normal? According to their FAQ's

How long does it take to send out an order?
We work every single business day, and will ship all in stock items with 24 hours of the payment being received.
Your order will stay in the order status of 'OPEN' until we charge your card, which we do only once in the morning. When it will go into 'US SHIPPING' or 'PROCESSING'. From here you will get your tracking number within 24 hours. If you are in the US, usually during the day when we send it.
If you where lazy enough to not create an account you can type on the order number on the left hand side. "Track my order(s):" "

My order is still in OPEN plus they charged my card and I did respond and I didn't get an answer has anyone dealt with the same thing?

TrapperKeeperX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious thanks for telling me I thought it was very unusual for them not to respond and ship out right away. It seems they like to take their own time and be lazy about it I honestly think it's a bad business decision.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still having problems and they don't supply you with a tracking number or anything indicating the order was shipped, email them about it. I had an issue that was resolved over the course of a few emails.

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered mine on weds. before Christmas and they just shipped it out on Sunday and they said I'd be receiving my Gateway 3DS by today but its shipped by UPS so I doubt I'll be getting mine today but most likely tomorrow.

EDIT: Just realized all the replies are from the USA but why not let a Canadian answer this thread. :P

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MCD seems like a decent company to me. I've ordered stuff from them, and I wouldn't say I'm disappointed.

One thing to keep in mind is: It's not WalMart. It seems to be a fairly small operation, and as a direct result, they can run out of stock for some time. They order in bulk from China, and redistribute in and from the US, so if they aren't in stock, preordering will likely take as long as ordering from China directly. They may not be the best to order from around an incredibly busy and entitled time of year, such as Xmas.

I just keep tabs on what their stock is like in the text box under the product. They give a lot of specific details as to whether they have any in stock, and if not, when they are expecting to get more.

ModChipsDirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Thanks for the positives reviews from everyone.
All orders are sent within 24 hours at the moment. We have weird issues with automated emails not sending on the website or going to spam.
If you give me your order number here, I can check it out for you
Alternatively if you have your order number you can just login to see the status of the order (even if you checked out as guest). The tracking is in the NOTES of the order

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from MCD once and they messed it up. Luckily the return process was painless though. If anyone is curious, I asked for extra pickles and no onions on my hamburger, and they gave me no pickles and extra onions.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered from MCD once and they messed it up. Luckily the return process was painless though. If anyone is curious, I asked for extra pickles and no onions on my hamburger, and they gave me no pickles and extra onions.
So off topic: I was in a real pissed off mood one day years ago and ordered fries without salt during lunch hour in the drive through. (They have to cook fresh fries). Then asked for salt when they handed me my bag. The look on that face was priceless. :)

Reactions: DSlite2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.