1. the_joeba

the_joeba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really want to hack my Sanyo 8400, but it seems there are no hacks for it.

2. mcsquared

mcsquared GBAtemp Regular

i've been really disappointed with my n95 - takes great pics but thats about it, i find it slow, the GPS is useless and im on my 3rd one in 6months as other 2 have developed faults. recommend any apps that might change my mind?

3. link459

link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Check out www.howardforums.com

Lots of phone info, hacking, etc. Where I get all my hacks and the such from. [​IMG]

4. Hiratai

Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*
    Banned

United States
    I hacked'ed meh iPhone. [​IMG]

5. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Just did the same today! It was so easy I couldn't resist and I'm totally with you, it's really the best phone I had in years.

edit: I totally forgot that I helped my Dad debrand his Vodafone-crippled Razor about three days ago. It works like a charm now.

6. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    I turned my Sync into a nice little 3G cellular modem.

7. OSW

OSW Wii King
    Former Staff

Any recommendations on good hackable phones? (the cheaper the better)

8. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    Pretty much anything with Symbian or WM.

9. thebigboss14

thebigboss14 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah uhhh a lot of times my mom works for a Cell phone store at DR and she knows how to unblock and all that stuff.

10. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Yeah, for sony ericssons try se-nse.net. Very useful forums, cover unlocking and modding and stuff. I have done some pretty cool stuff to my phone with it.

sadly i cant get patching to work, which allows you to patch your phones firmware to have extra functions and stuff, such as loading elfs, which are apps which are far more powerful than java apps. Another thing patching is good for is completely changing the look of your phone. And also unlocking a phone for free. But for some reason the software required to patch my phone refuses to work on my computer.

but ask at that forum for help with whatever phones. theres even a section for other manufacturer's phones.

11. Regiiko

Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

I've unlocked my Nokia 6121 and added Scandinavian firmware to it. It was originally Asian, rofl.

12. CyberFish

CyberFish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I jailbroke my old iphone. Havent seen if you can jailbreak the new ones yet. Jailbreaking in the beginning really opened up the awsomeness of the phone since there was no app store and you could really customize your phone. With the release of the app store and a crapload of apps, all I used jailbreak for was to change the background beyond the lock screen, sounds, and the once and awhile theme. However, things like Safari and other programs would randomly "crash". Im sure there will be an app or a OS update that will allow the change of these thigns and Ill probably leave this one alone.

13. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Had my phone unlocked to work with different providers which is very useful if I decide to change. It will also run unsigned code and applications now.

14. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    My g1 has root access so yeah it's hacked.

15. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

any iphone on any firmware can now be jailbroken, with the exception of those on 3.1 beta.

16. emupaul

emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm a moderator over at mobile-files (http://mobile-files.com/forum/) in the IDEN section, I used to work in cellphone store few years back unlocking, cfw flashing and language flashing. Using the shop tools like the smart clip. I unlocked a ton of boosts, you name it the model i did it. i870,60,50,30,910,930 blah blah blah even did gsm t-mobile/att/world phones.

[​IMG]

only way to unlock new gsm Motorola phones like razr (non iden cdma) gotta do test points to unlock + this box that means opening the phone and using a tp tool

[​IMG]

for cdma phone its like a wild goose chase, the tools suck, but with programs like bitpim and a cdma box like this one you can flash and change
    the spc code (service provider code) normally only unlocked by over the air programming like sprint and verzion. I flashed my treo 700w and 700p
    this way.

[​IMG]

not sure if this is against the rules to post a site url here, if it is just deleted my post plz.

17. DarkLG

DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    I tried getting a key for the sidekick to install custom applications but wasn't sucessful.And I tried modding my razr but my pc won't read it..

18. emupaul

emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    side kick wasn't my strongest, didn't run through many of those. I heard they mostly sold to deaf people
    but as for your razr try uninstalling your old usb drivers and install the lastest Motorola phone tools unless your on a mac and if that is the case
    i do not know what to tell you.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - anyone, modded, hacked