Has anyone modded or hacked the're cell?

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
Any half decent phone has everything available to the user already (Hint: Symbian)

bow.gif

I've debranded and upgraded my N95 to the latest firmware. Got tons of 3rd party apps, themes and stuff on it.

Best phone ever! Shame about the battery life though.

i've been really disappointed with my n95 - takes great pics but thats about it, i find it slow, the GPS is useless and im on my 3rd one in 6months as other 2 have developed faults. recommend any apps that might change my mind?

D

Deleted User

Any half decent phone has everything available to the user already (Hint: Symbian)
bow.gif

I've debranded and upgraded my N95 to the latest firmware. Got tons of 3rd party apps, themes and stuff on it.

Best phone ever! Shame about the battery life though.
Just did the same today! It was so easy I couldn't resist and I'm totally with you, it's really the best phone I had in years.

edit: I totally forgot that I helped my Dad debrand his Vodafone-crippled Razor about three days ago. It works like a charm now.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, for sony ericssons try se-nse.net. Very useful forums, cover unlocking and modding and stuff. I have done some pretty cool stuff to my phone with it.

sadly i cant get patching to work, which allows you to patch your phones firmware to have extra functions and stuff, such as loading elfs, which are apps which are far more powerful than java apps. Another thing patching is good for is completely changing the look of your phone. And also unlocking a phone for free. But for some reason the software required to patch my phone refuses to work on my computer.

but ask at that forum for help with whatever phones. theres even a section for other manufacturer's phones.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I jailbroke my old iphone. Havent seen if you can jailbreak the new ones yet. Jailbreaking in the beginning really opened up the awsomeness of the phone since there was no app store and you could really customize your phone. With the release of the app store and a crapload of apps, all I used jailbreak for was to change the background beyond the lock screen, sounds, and the once and awhile theme. However, things like Safari and other programs would randomly "crash". Im sure there will be an app or a OS update that will allow the change of these thigns and Ill probably leave this one alone.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Had my phone unlocked to work with different providers which is very useful if I decide to change. It will also run unsigned code and applications now.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CyberFish said:
I jailbroke my old iphone. Havent seen if you can jailbreak the new ones yet. Jailbreaking in the beginning really opened up the awsomeness of the phone since there was no app store and you could really customize your phone. With the release of the app store and a crapload of apps, all I used jailbreak for was to change the background beyond the lock screen, sounds, and the once and awhile theme. However, things like Safari and other programs would randomly "crash". Im sure there will be an app or a OS update that will allow the change of these thigns and Ill probably leave this one alone.
any iphone on any firmware can now be jailbroken, with the exception of those on 3.1 beta.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a moderator over at mobile-files (http://mobile-files.com/forum/) in the IDEN section, I used to work in cellphone store few years back unlocking, cfw flashing and language flashing. Using the shop tools like the smart clip. I unlocked a ton of boosts, you name it the model i did it. i870,60,50,30,910,930 blah blah blah even did gsm t-mobile/att/world phones.

smartclip.jpg

only way to unlock new gsm Motorola phones like razr (non iden cdma) gotta do test points to unlock + this box that means opening the phone and using a tp tool

product1201783870729049.gif

for cdma phone its like a wild goose chase, the tools suck, but with programs like bitpim and a cdma box like this one you can flash and change
the spc code (service provider code) normally only unlocked by over the air programming like sprint and verzion. I flashed my treo 700w and 700p
this way.

cdmaboxtoflashusaphones.jpg

not sure if this is against the rules to post a site url here, if it is just deleted my post plz.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried getting a key for the sidekick to install custom applications but wasn't sucessful.And I tried modding my razr but my pc won't read it..

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
I tried getting a key for the sidekick to install custom applications but wasn't sucessful.And I tried modding my razr but my pc won't read it..

side kick wasn't my strongest, didn't run through many of those. I heard they mostly sold to deaf people
but as for your razr try uninstalling your old usb drivers and install the lastest Motorola phone tools unless your on a mac and if that is the case
i do not know what to tell you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice