Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People, ONCE AGAIN, THEY USED A CIA (A DIGITAL GAME INSTALLED ON A 3DS) BEFORE THE 18TH.

YOU CANNOT HAVE A DIGITAL GAME INSTALLED BEFORE THE 18TH BECAUSE IT WASN'T LEGALLY AVAILABLE, THEREFOR NINTENDO KNOWS BY LOGICAL DEFAULT THAT ITS A LEAK.

Once the 18th passed, the cias re indistinguishable. Cart dumps are fine.
the CIA was a cart dump you mongoloid, someone got the cart early and dumped it

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill say again lol "just like microsoft even if you disable the addons it still sends data"

but, once again, and if Microsoft did this then this goes with them too. Why add the feature if it is completely pointless? a whole separate option that is pointless doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Aletron9000,

Rainbowfied Pokemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh dear god it worked, it worked!

Acraeus, I could pay you a beer right now.

I just unbanned myself from 002 using nothing but my own 3DS! This is incredible. And I suck at writing tutorials of any kind, so please don't count on me when it comes to that!
But basically

1. Inject an old NAND backup from when you were still installing a9lh (I did one before)
2. Use Decrypt9 to extract movable.sed from it

3. Use Decrypt 9 to extract movable.sed and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B from your current NAND that is banned
4. Use HxD (hex editor) to compare your old movable.sed with your LocalFriendCodeSeed_B, see how offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07 is the SAME!
5. Open up your NEW movable.sed with HxD and copy offsets 00000000/08 through 00000110/07
6. Open up LocalFriendCodeSeed_B with HxD and CTRL+A and then paste what you just copied
7. Save, inject to sysnand

This is how I did it, don't blame me if something goes wrong because I'm even worse at giving instructions than following them.

EDIT: Ignore strikethrough text, that is no needed and was just a part of me finding out HOW to do it, you don't need to do that.
Does this generate a new friend code? Or does it keep your old one?

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
but, once again, and if Microsoft did this then this goes with them too. Why add the feature if it is completely pointless? a whole separate option that is pointless doesn't make sense.
for shits and giggles or hide the truth. the moment you go on eshop that data is sent.
While i don't doubt you, do you have some kind of proof?
Heres nintendoes reply to my plea

Response (11/19/2016 11:56 AM)
Hello,
Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to hear what's happened, and I appreciate your patience in awaiting our reply.
Normally we do not lift bans, as there was a specific reason that this action was taken. However, if there is more you would like to share, please call us at 1-800-255-3700. If the agent who takes your call asks for an Incident ID#, please give the following number:
We’re available to take your call seven days a week (except for major holidays) between the hours of 6:00am and 7:00pm Pacific time.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Shane Schaefer

_
Customer (11/17/2016 08:57 PM)
Dear nintendo I'm currently banned on my n3ds for playing pokemon early I had a friend let me try his copy for a bit to be sure I wanted it and I did I didn't know I was going to get in trouble for it im very sorry. I'm currently waiting to pick up moon tomorrow. Plz find it in your heart to lift this ban I'm not rich and I can hardly afford a new n3ds much less games. If I must I will send a receipt and picture as proof.

Last edited by Raylight,
Reactions: LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
for shits and giggles or hide the truth

Heres nintendoes reply to my plea

Response (11/19/2016 11:56 AM)
Hello,
Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to hear what's happened, and I appreciate your patience in awaiting our reply.
Normally we do not lift bans, as there was a specific reason that this action was taken. However, if there is more you would like to share, please call us at 1-800-255-3700. If the agent who takes your call asks for an Incident ID#, please give the following number:
We’re available to take your call seven days a week (except for major holidays) between the hours of 6:00am and 7:00pm Pacific time.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Shane Schaefer

_
Customer (11/17/2016 08:57 PM)
Dear nintendo I'm currently banned on my n3ds for playing pokemon early I had a friend let me try his copy for a bit to be sure I wanted it and I did I didn't know I was going to get in trouble for it im very sorry. I'm currently waiting to pick up moon tomorrow. Plz find it in your heart to lift this ban I'm not rich and I can hardly afford a new n3ds much less games. If I must I will send a receipt and picture as proof.
Eh, while that probably means they won't unban people the option to call them leaves room for interpretation.

KalteFanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i installed the freeshop version on the 18th but the game officially releases on the 23rd in europe. can nintendo tell, if I installed the game too early, when I didn't go online until the 23rd?

Reactions: Phil5004

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I might be wrong on some points, but people that are acting dumb here don't realize this
- Cart dumps are always v0 because their update partition is left out the rip
- If you install it, you'll get a v0 game
- Gateway (and it's likes) users have v0 .3ds files but they use a HEADER to avoid being seen by nintendo servers as playing a v0 game
- freeShop gets the cia directly from nintendo servers so it has a version > 0

Actually they use a Header to stop being Banned, because ripped games you a public header that nintendo can see multiple people playing the same game, thats why you use your own header.

blazedroid62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please get out, you're an idiot.

You literally have no idea what Nintendo is capable of, perhaps the ability to detect the difference between a cart dump and an actual eShop version of a game is something they added in a recent firmware update and are just now testing it for the first time. Perhaps it's a new anti-piracy method that has only been used in Pokemon Sun and Moon for the first time. It's not a stretch to think Nintendo has implemented a way to see if a game is using the 3DS' header with a game version number of 0, to instantly know whether someone is using a dumped cart cia, rather than a version of the game from the eShop.
I have no idea what you're even trying to argue here.
From skimming through the thread, it looks like he's arguing that playing with lurantis's dump right now is safe, and I'm inclined to agree.
Nintendo being able to detect the difference between a cart dump and an eshop cia doesn't change anything. Heck, I don't see how that's even relevant here.
The facts are that Lurantis's dump is a cart dump, with a version number of 0. It's indistinguishable from an actual cartridge version of SM.
They can't ban people playing Lurantis's dump now that the games are officially released, since they can't tell the difference between Lurantis's dump and an actual cartridge. They have the same version numbers.
I'm not judging anyone for switching to the freeshop version, but I don't think the level of paranoia here is necessary.
EDIT: I meant version numbers, not headers.

Last edited by blazedroid62,

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the CIA was a cart dump you mongoloid, someone got the cart early and dumped it
being rude and not knowing what you are talking about, nice. The guy was saying something that is actually why people who got the hyperban did. Your digital signature is different when it's carts or cia. It was a cart dump, so, if you were using a cart, it COULD mean someone sold it early. If you had a cia installed it meant the eShop would have been bypassed - either by cracking the seed or other illegal means, as the cart dump. In the case scenario, if you had a cart - or sky3ds/gateway you would have a header like a cart would. All installed cias where completely illegal by any means, while carts could not be. That's what he is reffering to. Your stupidity and lack of respect is quite astonishing, I must say.

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
i installed the freeshop version on the 18th but the game officially releases on the 23rd in europe. can nintendo tell, if I installed the game too early, when I didn't go online until the 23rd?
as long as you don't go online with it before the 23rd you'll be fine.

honestly, at this point i don't think nintendo is going to do any bans for people anywhere in the world who played after launch. but seriously better safe than sorry.

Reactions: KalteFanta

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
being rude and not knowing what you are talking about, nice. The guy was saying something that is actually why people who got the hyperban did. Your digital signature is different when it's carts or cia. It was a cart dump, so, if you were using a cart, it COULD mean someone sold it early. If you had a cia installed it meant the eShop would have been bypassed - either by cracking the seed or other illegal means, as the cart dump. In the case scenario, if you had a cart - or sky3ds/gateway you would have a header like a cart would. All installed cias where completely illegal by any means, while carts could not be. That's what he is reffering to. Your stupidity and lack of respect is quite astonishing, I must say.
Actually the way it works with CIAs is it creates a Private header using your information + the carts information, aka the header is different for every game.

Carts all use a different headerbecause they each come with one

Sky3ds/Gateway all use a Header dumped from a cart on every game so every game has the exact same header which IF ANYTHING could be tracked more than the CIA method becaues it becomes obvious when someone has playing 50 different games with the same Static Header

So please think before you speak before being a hypocrite with what you spew

Besides if you read he thread even cart users got banned early (according to some reports)

Last edited by izy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34