Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can anyone explain me the situation?
So, everyone who use online services before the release , will get banned.
And I've heared that Nintendo can see who Savestate is before the release will get banned because they've got a proof.
Is that true or is there an another reason why people get banned?

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea what you're even trying to argue here.
From skimming through the thread, it looks like he's arguing that playing with lurantis's dump right now is safe, and I'm inclined to agree.
Nintendo being able to detect the difference between a cart dump and an eshop cia doesn't change anything. Heck, I don't see how that's even relevant here.
The facts are that Lurantis's dump is a cart dump, with a header of 0. It's indistinguishable from an actual cartridge version of SM.
They can't ban people playing Lurantis's dump now that the games are officially released, since they can't tell the difference between Lurantis's dump and an actual cartridge. They have the same headers.
I'm not judging anyone for switching to the freeshop version, but I don't think the level of paranoia here is necessary.
Which I agree. Because I've used it at the release, yesterday and this morning and I am not banned.
All you had to do was ine simple thing, to NOT connect to the internet.

Some people added that they did not use the online features of the game despite having the CIA prior to the release date and still got banned.

I did not either, but I also did not connect to the internet in any way at all. (Except for spotpassing when the 3ds was sleeping at home)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anyone explain me the situation?
So, everyone who use online services before the release , will get banned.
And I've heared that Nintendo can see who Savestate is before the release will get banned because they've got a proof.
Is that true or is there an another reason why people get banned?
No it isn't. I am still using the save from the leaked cia to my cart and I am nit banned at all. Note that the time is linked to the 3ds clock, not time in real life.

Reactions: x65943

Xev31

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
repost---can I have a link for the discord's pubblic lfcs group? perhaps nintendo don't ban the pubblic lfcs I want to go online :3 after that if the ban was temporary it's better, anyway I will get one by myself.
there's a chanche for a generator?

Reactions: FryScatter

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seriously need to stop spreading misinforming bullshit around, the paranoia is getting out of control.

People got banned because they went online in S&M before the release date. The only people that will quite likely stay permed are those that were using the .cia, those that had an actual cart before the release date can call Nintendo and prove it. When a game goes online, the servers can differentiate between a cart and a digital copy based on its header. A cart has a static header, while digital copies have a header generated by the console itself. When Nintendo sees people going online with a console-generated header, that means they're playing a digital copy. If they're playing a digital copy before the release date, what does that mean? It means it must've been pirated, because it is absolutely 100% impossible to play a digital copy legitimately before the release date.

If a European goes online right now with a digital copy they will likely be banned too, because their official release date isn't until the 23rd.

This tin foil hat bullshit needs to stop. Nintendo figured this shit out in a much simpler way than most of you think.

Mandikiri

Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seriously need to stop spreading misinforming bullshit around, the paranoia is getting out of control.

People got banned because they went online in S&M before the release date. The only people that will quite likely stay permed are those that were using the .cia, those that had an actual cart before the release date can call Nintendo and prove it. When a game goes online, the servers can differentiate between a cart and a digital copy based on its header. A cart has a static header, while digital copies have a header generated by the console itself. When Nintendo sees people going online with a console-generated header, that means they're playing a digital copy. If they're playing a digital copy before the release date, what does that mean? It means it must've been pirated, because it is absolutely 100% impossible to play a digital copy legitimately before the release date.

If a European goes online right now with a digital copy they will likely be banned too, because their official release date isn't until the 23rd.

This tin foil hat bullshit needs to stop. Nintendo figured this shit out in a much simpler way than most of you think.

Well said. I am surprised that people are still questioning why they got banned.

I am playing a copy from the freeshop. Went online on Friday and Saturday and I have yet to be banned. I even went to the E-Shop on Friday as well and yesterday as well.

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
the CIA was a cart dump you mongoloid, someone got the cart early and dumped it

You are a mongoloid. It was a cart dump. In cia format. Where do you get legally cia games? From the eShop. Was the game legally available from the eshop before the 18th? It wasn't. Nintendo banned people FOR PLAYING ONLINE AN UNRELEASED GAME THAT THEY COULDN'T OWN LEGALLY IN DIGITAL FORM.

It's past the 18th. All cias are safe.

Use. Your. Head.

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The number of people who underestimate Nintendo and wanna play with fire is too damn high. Remember why we have this thread in the first place ?

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are a mongoloid. It was a cart dump. In cia format. Where do you get legally cia games? From the eShop. Was the game legally available from the eshop before the 18th? It wasn't. Nintendo banned people FOR PLAYING ONLINE AN UNRELEASED GAME THAT THEY COULDN'T OWN LEGALLY IN DIGITAL FORM.

Use. Your. Head.

Then go online in Festival Plaza with the Lurantis version and prove it. Stop shitposting.

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The number of people who underestimate Nintendo and wanna play with fire is too damn high. Remember why we have this thread in the first place ?

Yeah, because people went online with an unreleased game. Get the facts.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nintendo saw people playing online a game they hadn't release yet. They said "hey, let's ban all these idiots from online play, but wait... some of these aren't playing carts earlier, some are actually playing digital versions, so they must be using a way to download from our eshop... let's ban them from accessing the eshop permanently".

That's what happened, folks. Paranois has gotta stop.

demounit

Trophies
XP
Country
lol @ everyone in this thread who thinks they know exactly what nintendo did, what they know and what they can see. i'm so glad we have all these inside sources letting us know exactly, definitively, what happened and what is going on. bless you all.

Reactions: PrometheusG.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Use. Your. Head.

No the actual point you are trying to make is the CIAs are not safe

if that was the case Every single game that is in CIA format that isnt cart format would have gotten you banned (including homebrew)

The actual FACT is that going online before the date got you banned nintendo actually tracked who used the servers because they have their own set server for Sun/Moon this is why some retail card users are supposedly banned also

Reactions: GamingAori

ILSATS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No the actual point you are trying to make is the CIAs are not safe

if that was the case Every single game that is in CIA format that isnt cart format would have gotten you banned (including homebrew)

The actual FACT is that going online before the date got you banned nintendo actually tracked who used the servers because they have their own set server for Sun/Moon this is why some retail card users are supposedly banned also
No, your assumption is wrong.
People played leaked games before. This is the first time Nintendo decided to ban people.
Also, the actual point here is the CIA WITH THE WRONG VERSION is not safe. No one here said all CIAs were not safe.

Last edited by ILSATS,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
qDxYdRk.jpg

"Send console info through SpotPass?"
That's what the rabbit said,he want share any gameplay.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I might be wrong on some points, but people that are acting dumb here don't realize this
- Cart dumps are always v0 because their update partition is left out the rip
- If you install it, you'll get a v0 game
- Gateway (and it's likes) users have v0 .3ds files but they use a HEADER to avoid being seen by nintendo servers as playing a v0 game
- freeShop gets the cia directly from nintendo servers so it has a version > 0
Cart are 0.0.0
not 0

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look, the fact is, nobody knows for certain whether the Lurantis version is now safe to play online or not. If you feel like taking a risk, even though you can now acquire the game from FreeShop, go for it but it's your own damn fault if you get banned. Just DO NOT encourage people to use a version that is not proven safe when there is a better option, it's not paranoia, it's god damn common sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc