Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is v0 impossible for cia though?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't v0 just mean it's a cartridge dump? How does that make v0 incompatible with a .cia file?

Not incompatible, impossible, as in, for a legally obtained game. Only illegally obtained digital copies can ever be v0. If Nintendo now have some way to see whether someone is playing digital or cart and also see the version number, someone playing digital v0 is instantly known to be a pirate because they do not legally exist.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
great, Nintendo is getting smart. that is the last thing we need.

It's just a theory at the minute and I doubt we'll know for certain until after the whole SuMo banning fiasco is over. I just know I'll not be using cias from a cart dump anymore, just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Aletron9000

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The V0 .cias are safe... if not, i'd been banned a long time ago for plying Triforce Heroes which is V0 too, and i'm not banned. https://gbatemp.net/threads/has-any...emon-moon-online.447971/page-245#post-6849070

Using precedent isn't the best argument. Just because something was safe in the past, doesn't mean it will be safe going forward. Lots of people played Pokemon X/Y early and didn't get banned.

I do think it's unlikely Nintendo is banning people based on cia v#, but past experience with Triforce Heroes isn't the best corroborating evidence.

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Precisely. Cart dumps have been used online since the 3ds scene started. You can google how to download games for free online.

Nintendo can legally stop people from doing this and they DON'T.

The bans were from going online on an unreleased game. Stop this paranoia madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell can I speak to so I can get my 3ds unbanned. This is totally unfair that I got banned because I played with my retail copy early. Those damn idiots. :/ Each itdiot that I speak says that my case is sent to the admin team for further review. Like really? They wouldn't accept a picture of my receipt with game and console. :/

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The V0 .cias are safe... if not, i'd been banned a long time ago for plying Triforce Heroes which is V0 too, and i'm not banned. https://gbatemp.net/threads/has-any...emon-moon-online.447971/page-245#post-6849070

As far as anyone knows, this could be something that was newly implemented in the latest firmware update or even something newly implemented in SuMo. Saying that v0 are safe because nobody has been banned because of them before is like saying playing SuMo online before release was safe because nobody got banned for playing leaked games online early before. It's new, this is the first time it has happened.

Precisely. Cart dumps have been used online since the 3ds scene started. You can google how to download games for free online.

Nintendo can legally stop people from doing this and they DON'T.

The bans were from going online on an unreleased game. Stop this paranoia madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You either work for Nintendo and are purposely trying to get people to use Cart Dumps so they get banned or you're a complete idiot.

Nobody knows whether they are safe or not, not me, not you. The only person claiming to know is you, what everyone else is claiming is to be better safe than sorry. Why take the risk when it's just as easy to grab the FreeShop version?

Last edited by xBleedingSoulx,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they played online early?

Yes. There is a long history of people playing lots of Nintendo games online early in fact.

This is why this came as a shock to so many people.

Reactions: Pluupy

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But the .cias aren't the problem, people with legit cards got banned too (reviewers)

That's jumping to conclusions, yes, people playing legit copies got banned too but that doesn't mean they didn't put multiple methods in place to ban people. Permanent bans seem a tad drastic if they were only trying to ban people going online early, don't you think?

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's jumping to conclusions, yes, people playing legit copies got banned too but that doesn't mean they didn't put multiple methods in place to ban people. Permanent bans seem a tad drastic if they were only trying to ban people going online early, don't you think?
Well, according to them, the ban were for both, playing with pirated copies and online early, if they were banning ONLY for playing pirated copies, I should be banned already, I've been playing online since release day with the lurantis .cia (V0) and i'm still just fine.

Last edited by Gon Freecss,

willprogresivo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nobody knows whether they are safe or not, not me, not you. The only person claiming to know is you, what everyone else is claiming is to be better safe than sorry. Why take the risk when it's just as easy to grab the FreeShop version?

I don't claim to know anything, I'm using something called LOGIC, sir. LOGIC. Not fear. Not paranoia. LOGIC. I fell into the paranoia trap this week and eventually realized it was just that. Read this whole thread. Not a single shred of evidence supporting Nintendo banning cart dump users. NONE.

Nintendo banned people going online on an unreleased game. Some were using carts. Some were using illegal cart dumps. Two different bans. This is fact. No speculation, fact.

If Nintendo has found a way to tell illegally obtained cias from legal ones, then how come this is just happening for SuMo? Huh? Does nintendo not care if someone plays a mario kart dump? Huh? You're telling me they can only tell fi SuMo is illegal but not any other game? Huh? That's illogical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8