Pokemon 3DS Ban - What you need to do

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by MugiGust, Nov 18, 2016.

1. MugiGust
    OP

MugiGust Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Brazil
    This is an summary thread, before going to the main ban thread, see if any of these tutorials help you with your problem. The original thread is long enough to be flooded with more questions that already have answers.

BEFORE CONTINUING, REMEMBER: IT'S NOT RECOMMENDED TO DO ANY OF THE METHODS ON THIS POST,

I CAN'T ASSURE YOU THAT ANY OF THOSE ARE 100% WORKING FIXES, DO ANY OF THOSE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

022-2812 Error Code:
    A patch was already made, but it's not 100% working yet, here's how you do it:
    1) Download this file: https://transfer.sh/OLf8K/arm9loaderhax.bin
    2) With the arm9.bin in hands, just go to the root of your SD Card and overwrite the actual arm9loaderhax.bin that is there with the one you just downloaded.
    3) Now you're done with 022-2812, but probably will get a 022-2501 error code instead. It's because of your NNID, to fix that, just go to your NNID settings and when prompted with an error message, press X + Y and then, press A to remove your NNID from your 3DS.
    4) From here you have two options:
    A) Remain without a NNID and use eshop normally;
    B) Create a new NNID and get a new error (011-6901) that at the moment of this post does not have a fix.

002-0102 Error Code:
    By now, we have two methods for fixing that ban:

A)2 3DS Method:
    This one is pretty simple, you'll need 2 3DS consoles with CFW and one of them NEEDS TO BE UNBANNED;
    Disclaimer: If you do that with a 3DS of a friend, remember: We can't assure that Nintendo will not discover this and get him banned. Think twice before doing this with something that isn't yours.

Here's what you gonna do:
    1) On your UNBANNED 3DS, load up decrypt9, go to SysNAND Options>System File Dump>Dump LocalFriendCodeSeed_B;
    2) Get the dumped clean LFCS on Unbanned3DS-SD-Root/files9 and put it on Banned3DS-SD-Root/files9;
    3) Now, on the BANNED 3DS, open decrypt9 again, go to SysNAND Options>System File Inject>Inject LocalFriendCodeSeed_B;
    4) Now you're done, reboot your 3DS and enjoy being 002-Unbanned (BY NOW)

B)1 3DS Method:
    Before doing this, be sure that Your banned 3DS did a System Transfer before, if not, this will not work.
    So let's go:

1) Open Decrypt9 on your 3DS, go to SysNAND Options>System File Dump and do the two following procedures: Dump LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and Dump movable.sed;
    2) Now open your SD root on your pc, and get the 2 files you just dumped in the files9 folder;
    3) Open HxD (download it for yourself) and open both movable.sed and FCSL_B;
    4) On movable.sed, copy everything except for the first 8 bytes and the last 40 (for dummys, use the indexes, you can start copying from row 00000000/ col 08 until row 00000110/ col 07);
    5) Open LFCS_B, press ctrl + A, then paste your code (it must be and different code than before, if not, see step 7)
    6) Now just go to Decrypt9 again and inject back the LFCS_B that you edited and you're good to go.

Troubleshooting:
    7) If you did a system transfer before and your movable and LFSC are the same, you can do the following:
    YOU NEED AN OLD NAND BACKUP TO PROCEED
    8) Get your old NAND Backup and dump the movable.sed from it;
    9) Check if the movable.sed seed is different from your actual localfriendcodeseed_b;
    10) If it is, you're lucky, copy and paste it on your local friend code seed, restore your nand to your most recent one and then inject your new LFCS :)

Sorry for the credits, cause i don't remember right now who discovered what, so if you want to be credited, just ask me and I put your credits

Hope i helped some souls

2. torchick11

torchick11 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2015
    If I supposedly get error: 022-2501, does this mean my NNID is banned, is there a way to check if my NNID is banned before doing this? Also does this require the "Luma patch" going around?

3. MugiGust
    OP

MugiGust Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Brazil
    You're gettint this new error because the patch "fakes" your console ID when you get online, when the Nintendo Servers check your Fake Console ID with your NNID, it sees that they're not linked, hence the prompted error.

You can check it by trying to log on nintendo in your PC with your NNID.

4. Slowbeatle

Slowbeatle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2014
    Trujillo Alto
    meaning that pokebank wont work here as well?

5. DashAhead

DashAhead GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2016
    United States
    For number 8 on the 2nd method for 002-0102 - do I restore an old sysnand backup for the dump?

Last edited by DashAhead, Nov 18, 2016
  6. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    How do you rip the two files from the nand backup?

7. MugiGust
    OP

MugiGust Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Yeah, restore your old backup to dump and then restore your recent NAND to inject

8. gordon elcock

gordon elcock GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2016
    United States
    So If create a new nnid will I beable to play online and add friends

9. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Since this uses a modified arm9loaderhax.bin however would you update Luma?

Loltag22 likes this.
  10. Otakyon

Otakyon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2015
    Italy
    I'm trying to remove the 022-2501 error, but nothing is happening when holding X+Y then A in the NNID setting error screen. Any help?

renatosk likes this.
  11. Mistie

Mistie Legit Furry Trash

Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    Hyrule
    -snip-

Last edited by Mistie, Nov 18, 2016
  12. bloodyvalentine

bloodyvalentine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2016
    Canada
    formatting does NOT generate a new LocalFriendCodeSeed_b / moveable.sed.

13. DewiDeci

DewiDeci Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    I went back to my 9.2 nand from 01/2016 and the movable is still the same as localfriendcode. Still 002 banned, guess ill just wait a few days for solution.

14. Mistie

Mistie Legit Furry Trash

Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    Hyrule
    -snip-

15. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Are removing your NNID from Settings and injecting an empty nnidsave one in the same, or is removing it from Settings still necessary after injecting the blank save?

16. bloodyvalentine

bloodyvalentine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2016
    Canada
    This is not correct.

17. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    This method is works as long as a system transfer happened at any time in the past?

Why does this work?

18. Mistie

Mistie Legit Furry Trash

Jan 20, 2016
    Canada
    Hyrule
    -snip-

19. bloodyvalentine

bloodyvalentine Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2016
    Canada
    I have been formatting/restoring my console all day and I can assure you that it really isn't my case. I did use both system and tinyformat and got the exact same result. Maybe you performed a system transfer in the past, which seems to cause a different behavior for certain people, but I can assure you that formatting your console does not generate a new movable.sed file under regular circumstances.

Last edited by bloodyvalentine, Nov 18, 2016
  20. Dogmj

Dogmj Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2016
    Brazil
    I never did a system transfer before, so if I format I'll be able to use this method? I never had 2 3ds to use system transfer and the only ban I got is the 0002 one :(