Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

BasedFrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this topic when it was at page ~100 and we had still no solution, has something been found yet ?

I have the lightest ban (002-0102) and I can access the eShop but I can't play online.
I read in the earlier posts that you can "swap" the ban between DS', but I only have one hacked DS (whom the SysNand is replaced by an EmuNand).
Is there anything I could do to unban it ? (Sorry if I'm not clear enough; I'm not very experienced, a friend helped me to hack it in the first place.)
There's this guide:
For the sake of the ones that are yet to return to the thread, i'll make a little summary:
(I'm not an expert, so correct me in any wrong information and i'll edit the post)

BEFORE CONTINUING, REMEMBER: IT'S NOT RECOMMENDED TO DO ANY OF THE METHODS ON THIS POST,
I CAN'T ASSURE YOU THAT ANY OF THOSE ARE 100% WORKING FIXES, DO ANY OF THOSE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

022-2812 Error Code:
A patch was already made, but it's not 100% working yet, here's how you do it:
1) Download this file: https://transfer.sh/OLf8K/arm9loaderhax.bin

2) With the arm9.bin in hands, just go to the root of your SD Card and overwrite the actual arm9loaderhax.bin that is there with the one you just downloaded.
3) Now you're done with 022-2812, but probably will get a 022-2501 error code instead. It's because of your NNID, to fix that, just go to your NNID settings and when prompted with an error message, press X + Y and then, press A to remove your NNID from your 3DS.
4) From here you have two options:
A) Remain without a NNID and use eshop normally;
B) Create a new NNID and get a new error (011-6901) that at the moment of this post does not have a fix.

002-0102 Error Code:
By now, we have two methods for fixing that ban:

A)2 3DS Method:
This one is pretty simple, you'll need 2 3DS consoles with CFW and one of them NEEDS TO BE UNBANNED;
Disclaimer: If you do that with a 3DS of a friend, remember: We can't assure that Nintendo will not discover this and get him banned. Think twice before doing this with something that isn't yours.

Here's what you gonna do:
1) On your UNBANNED 3DS, load up decrypt9, go to SysNAND Options>System File Dump>Dump LocalFriendCodeSeed_B;
2) Get the dumped clean LFCS on Unbanned3DS-SD-Root/files9 and put it on Banned3DS-SD-Root/files9;
3) Now, on the BANNED 3DS, open decrypt9 again, go to SysNAND Options>System File Inject>Inject LocalFriendCodeSeed_B;
4) Now you're done, reboot your 3DS and enjoy being 002-Unbanned (BY NOW)

B)1 3DS Method:
Before doing this, be sure that Your banned 3DS did a System Transfer before, if not, this will not work.
So let's go:

1) Open Decrypt9 on your 3DS, go to SysNAND Options>System File Dump and do the two following procedures: Dump LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and Dump movable.sed;
2) Now open your SD root on your pc, and get the 2 files you just dumped in the files9 folder;
3) Open HxD (download it for yourself) and open both movable.sed and FCSL_B;
4) On movable.sed, copy everything except for the first 8 bytes and the last 40 (for dummys, use the indexes, you can start copying from row 00000000/ col 08 until row 00000110/ col 07);
5) Open LFCS_B, press ctrl + A, then paste your code (it must be and different code than before, if not, see step 7)
6) Now just go to Decrypt9 again and inject back the LFCS_B that you edited and you're good to go.

Troubleshooting:
7) If you did a system transfer before and your movable and LFSC are the same, you can do the following:
YOU NEED AN OLD NAND BACKUP TO PROCEED
8) Get your old NAND Backup and dump the movable.sed from it;
9) Check if the movable.sed seed is different from your actual localfriendcodeseed_b;
10) If it is, you're lucky, copy and paste it on your local friend code seed, restore your nand to your most recent one and then inject your new LFCS :)

Sorry for the credits, cause i don't remember right now who discovered what, so if you want to be credited, just ask me and I put your credits

Hope i helped some souls
Just don't do it if you have the 022-2812 Error Code.

Antipika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
when you format the console the moveble seed i think gets regenerated and if you use a different one it unbans you

Your seed is generated from your console hardware unique identifier. Each console will only generate one single and only seed. And Nintendo knows the hardware ID of every units they've put out into the market so they can do a cross check.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is mentioned with the 022-2812 bypass working in mind, and also regarding what someone said a few pages back:

What if
System transfer unbanned > banned

Would the banned (bypassed) remain perm unbanned,
Cause new LFS and movable is from an unbanned unit,

Plus the unbanned unit itself generates new LFS and movable (perhaps with the help of ninty servers)

Of course, I understand 022-2812 will probably remain banned cause it's based on device ID,
But won't we be able to online on both, based on this move?

Thedave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is mentioned with the 022-2812 bypass working in mind, and also regarding what someone said a few pages back:

What if

Plus the unbanned unit itself generates new LFS and movable.

Of course, I understand 022-2812 will probably remain banned cause it's based on device ID,
again it is all hypothesis that built based on the fact that movable.sed is transferred to the receiving console,and if nintendo is banning based on it then they would not to double ban on system transferred devices, and based on yifanlu's writeup that does not suggest the receiving 3ds sends data beyond the handshake https://yifan.lu/2015/04/22/opening-up-cardboard-crafting-an-american-new-3ds-non-xl/

Nagetou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What if

Plus the unbanned unit itself generates new LFS and movable (perhaps with the help of ninty servers)

Yeah, I think it should work too. We just need someone with an unbanned 3DS to test it.

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
"they just need to compare the deviceID to the list they have - because they're known to have a CTCert database - and ban something else if missing, such as friend seed or NNID)"

What did Aurora mean by this?
Does this mean using blank NNIDs and injected friend seeds will lead to bans?

Does anyone know?
The wording is so confusing, but it scares the shit out of me because it implies they have a huge database that ties different IDs to seeds and NNIDs, but if that's true can't they ban EVERYONE who used the 002 unban with LFCS?

zakio0403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what if one put all lfs and the other one all to zeros? it's almost impossible to crosscheck that, that's impractical speakinf from a developer side

Thedave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know?
The wording is so confusing, but it scares the shit out of me because it implies they have a huge database that ties different IDs to seeds and NNIDs, but if that's true can't they ban EVERYONE who used the 002 unban with LFCS?
then you just go from banned to banned,what's the bloody point of worrying about it if there's jack shit you can do about it

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
again it is all hypothesis that built based on the fact that movable.sed is transferred to the receiving console,and if nintendo is banning based on it then they would not to double ban on system transferred devices, and based on yifanlu's writeup that does not suggest the receiving 3ds sends data beyond the handshake https://yifan.lu/2015/04/22/opening-up-cardboard-crafting-an-american-new-3ds-non-xl/

But the server service could be the one that's transplants LFS to both systems, in that case.

Well, double ban is definitely within horizons of possibility.

I would test this if I could,
But I don't have my Japanese 2ds back.
(It's still with my Friend in US, after it was gotten back hundshamer)

My bricked units are EU and JP respectively,
And my other non bricked units are US XD

Edit:
The post above me made a good point.
If we transfer banned to banned, both bypass transferred,
We will know if the server gives us new LFS

It's already perm ban.
The only thing that is worse is BRICK or IP BAN

Last edited by Queno138,

zakio0403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Does anyone know?
that's almost impossible to do, it's pretty useless to waster your servers in that way, it's more reliable to make a black list that just has the banned ones so u have to do just a few checks

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys, one question: I live in germany (EU), and i am playing now (offline to be safe) Pokemon Moon USA RF.Cia (i will install Pokemon Sun too in few minutes and this will be USA RF.cia too...).

In 4 days in EU pokemon Moon + Sun gets released. Until there i need to play the USA version OFFLINE because i have a high bann risk if i play online with a EU console in EU.

My Question is now, what happens with the Save ? can i use in 4 days "JKSM" to backup my save -> remove Pokemon Moon+Sun (USA+RF) -> Install Pokemon Moon+Sun (EU+RF) -> Open JKSM and restore save ? would the save be compatible from the USA version to EU ? i want to go online with the EU version in 4 days, so what happens if i use the EU version with a USA save if i go online ? do i get connected with USA servers ? so my chances gettin' banned, will be still high... in this case i would delete the save and start the whole game new...

With your Save ? if you install a game of a EU version and restore a save from a USA version, you will be connected still to EU servers because where you installed the EU version of this game your game is only able to connect to EU servers. The save don't matters the game region.
If you restore, and your save works without problems, then everything is fine.
If your game freezes or something, than you know your save is not compatible.

thanks so i will see in 4 days if my save works on the EU version or not. Can it be possible that the save works, but i get some bugs because i restored ?

nah, after you started up the game after the restore, and you see the game boots fine and you are able to move around etc. you are fine.

thank you, so i will play now with the usa version and see if the save of the usa version works on the EU in 4 days.

no problem mate.

you are a nice guy btw :).

Yeah i know, from where are you from ?

I'm from germany, and you ?`

i am from usa.
How is family in germany ?

idk, i have no family. I don't want talk about it ^^.

Yeh its all fine man.

#selftalk# ....

Thedave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But the server service could be the one that's transplants LFS to both systems, in that case.

Well, double ban is definitely within horizons of possibility.

I would test this if I could,
But I don't have my Japanese 2ds back.
(It's still with my Friend in US, after it was gotten back hundshamer)

My bricked units are EU and JP respectively,
And my other non bricked units are US XD

Edit:
The post above me made a good point.
If banned to banned, both bypass transferred,
We will know if the server gives us new LFS
if you have 2 units from the same region you can test this,even if they are both unbanned if you dump the movable.sed from both and compare to the ones after the system transfer it can confirm or deny the possibility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ