Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on /vp/ reported that tinyformat fixes e-shop ban.
It doesn't. I used tinyformat and still couldn't get to download anything from eshop. still unable to link or make a NNID but yeah, you can view eshop after tinyformat but it's literally useless since you cannot create or log into your NNID anyways.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I don't want to be perm banned just for not being patient
Tinyformat does NOT work, it's essentially the same as doing the nnidsave.bin injection fresh. You CAN access the eShop but you can't download anything (99% then fail, 100% of the time) and your online services in games will still be restricted. It's a waste of time.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't. I used tinyformat and still couldn't get to download anything from eshop. still unable to link or make a NNID but yeah, you can view eshop after tinyformat but it's literally useless since you cannot create or log into your NNID anyways.
You only need an NNID to download free stuff from the eshop. If you want to buy something, you can still use it without an NNID

master_dbz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

but you have an acces to the eshop and the games' updates, which is cool

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The guy with the emunand thing had a good idea... Yet was ignored behind all the salt and tears.
Formatting emunand and sysnand is the same, it also doesn't generate a new friendseed (still jept the A instead of generating a B), atleast not for me, same error online and i can access eshop same as before (i had injected blank nnidsave.bin and changed serial on secureinfo, still no way to link nnid)

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those are easier to resolve since they are legit copies, just breaking street date

It's been reported that when calling Nintendo about it they'll ask you for a picture of the game case and serial number on the game cart, or at least just the serial number. If you actually plan on buying the game, it should be simple enough to call them and prove that you own it.

Reactions: Decorations

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, just because you can access the eShop doesn't mean you can use it. Try to download a free demo and see if it installs. It won't. You'll get error 007-6106

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been reported that when calling Nintendo about it they'll ask you for a picture of the game case and serial number on the game cart, or at least just the serial number. If you actually plan on buying the game, it should be simple enough to call them and prove that you own it.
Will they know when your brought it though ? Cause they can trace transactions and all this nonsense

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, just because you can access the eShop doesn't mean you can use it. Try to download a free demo and see if it installs. It won't. You'll get error 007-6106
I actually just got asked to sign into NNID or create one. But that one dude said you can still purcahse crap from it at least without a NNID not sure whether you can but if so that's at least a plus.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just got asked to sign into NNID or create one. But that one dude said you can still purcahse crap from it at least without a NNID not sure whether you can but if so that's at least a plus.
No you can't, if you got the 022 error. Erasing your NNID just grants you access to the shop, you'll still get the error if you try to download something from it, signed in or not.

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy stuff

The reason free things aren't working is because you need a NNID to download them. Buying games should be fine since you don't need an NNID for that.
Though they could have changed something, but this has always been the case.
I know you lose your mii and won't have access to friendcode but will you have access to trading online is my real main question

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read this post. Users are claiming using tinyformat undoes the entire ban. Including eShop. Seems unlikely, but multiple users are confirming.... can anyone test? (I'm not banned)

Does not work. I didn't really have anything on my 3DS anyway so I didn't mind testing. Still getting the 022-2812 when trying to create an NNID

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can't, if you got the 022 error. Erasing your NNID just grants you access to the shop, you'll still get the error if you try to download something from it, signed in or not.
Well that sucks again then and doesn't fix a thing I guess unless you wanna window shop the eshop. I still can't grasp the point of an eshop ban, I wanna buy shit yet now I can't? Like what was the point of preventing someone from paying for something. I really hope luma or something can automate spoofing somehow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste