Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Tentacles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean those guys(?) on twitter/4Chan were claiming they could generate a dummy friendseed with NTR but they're too busy blowing each other on twitter to show any proof of concept other than "I'll unban random people until enough believe I'm legit!"
We went through the that over on the r/jailbreak subreddit (same guy too). It's best to just not pay attention to them and just wait out the ban as more info comes up.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game might connect to the internet without telling you, to download player profiles and stuff like in XY. I was super careful to keep the wireless switch off while playing, and I didn't get banned. I even went on the eshop with my Moon ticket and didn't get banned, so they aren't checking for tickets. I think people who got banned probably did something online in the game without realizing it.

Anyway, if they are banning people with review copies that means they have no idea who is a review copy and who is a pirate, so it must be a temp ban. Just give it a week or two, and in the mean time think about what you did, and turn off wireless before booting a leaked game next time.

Reactions: Decorations

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
been enjoying myself reading this thread, IDK if its been answered but yes Nintendo can legally block you from playing your legit bought games if you violate the TOS

Online is a service provided as-is so blocking access to it for violating ToS is in their rights I believe.

HOWEVER, since this ban is making people unable to access the eshop and even making system transfers, it means it's downright revoking and preventing access to people's purchases, as well as intentionally blocking key features like system transfer.

I believe that is illegal in many places, especially the blocking purchases part.
It gets especially ugly if the rumors about them banning anyone who got online at all, even street date breakers on real carts, are true. It's not on the consumer to know and follow a release date by heart.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's impossible (i think). The only way to get a real version is downloading from freeshop or buying it legit
The lurantis leak is 100% identical to the eshop version, the cxi sha256 hashes match with the decrypted eshop version.
There is no difference between the leaked copy, a retail copy and the eshop version.
The ban is only for going online and not a bad copy...

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the game might connect to the internet without telling you, to download player profiles and stuff like in XY. I was super careful to keep the wireless switch off while playing, and I didn't get banned. I even went on the eshop with my Moon ticket and didn't get banned, so they aren't checking for tickets. I think people who got banned probably did something online in the game without realizing it.

Anyway, if they are banning people with review copies that means they have no idea who is a review copy and who is a pirate, so it must be a temp ban. Just give it a week or two, and in the mean time think about what you did, and turn off wireless before booting a leaked game next time.
Dang tho this didn't happen during planet robobot leak ..... That was like a month early and feel bad for ppl who don't have a backup localfriendcodeseed to use like I do

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know about you guys, i am able to access everything. I've injected a empty nnid.bin in hopes to make a new NNID. Prior to this i was getting 2812 code in eshop, but now it works fine. Creating or Linking a NNID results in a 2812 code, so im stuck as of the situation i am in

dalekman9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Online is a service provided as-is so blocking access to it for violating ToS is in their rights I believe.

HOWEVER, since this ban is making people unable to access the eshop and even making system transfers, it means it's downright revoking and preventing access to people's purchases, as well as intentionally blocking key features like system transfer.

I believe that is illegal in many places, especially the blocking purchases part.
It gets especially ugly if the rumors about them banning anyone who got online at all, even street date breakers on real carts, are true. It's not on the consumer to know and follow a release date by heart.
I think its illegal here in Australia I mentioned something a while back I think it was valve and the way they did bans originally revoking access to games I think it was got them in trouble (Not the shit that happened last year)

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what the TOS says. There's no way they can just block people from downloading games they bought. Maybe some legal mumbo jumbo says they can, but I think any court would side with the user.

Good luck pooling together enough money to sue Nintendo though.

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know about you guys, i am able to access everything. I've injected a empty nnid.bin in hopes to make a new NNID. Prior to this i was getting 2812 code in eshop, but now it works fine. Creating or Linking a NNID results in a 2812 code, so im stuck as of the situation i am in
NNID freezes right ?

Reactions: Queno138

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Question. Can a localfriendcodeseed be extracted from a NAND dump? I have a couple nand dumps from different consoles.

Oh dear, this interests me greatly.

I just realized I still have backups from systems I've sold years ago... not the most moral thing to do, but just for science purposes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it means full use and not locked down features give me the ad
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    k3n why does it say you are the village idiot lmaoooo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because I'm the village idiot
    +1
    ah I see have a nice day lmao
    gba temp is a small village of idiots its great
    I love it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I haven't been upgraded to village hoe yet
    thats a shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's one of the finest honors at temp
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    I was here in 2008
    says you joined 2009
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Yeah
    after i got my acecard i joined
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Lurking
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    At least we are busier than gamefaqs
    this place def has enough people on it that it feelscozy
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Development. For my nintendos wiiu and 3ds is great all the stuff in the ds days was great
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    i am happy to see this as an active home for projects
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    #10YearGang
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    On game faqs i have a 2006 account
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Here i should have joined earlier
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny how people argue that social media destroyed message boards then I show them temp
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    I miss skulltag
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Some fourms died with the project
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Skulltag was an online doom source port based on zdoom it was extremely fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Generally forums that had rules longer than the Bible died people don't want a strict website on the internet they wanna look at boobs and pirate Nintendo games
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Generally forums that had rules longer than the Bible died people don't want a strict website on...