Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SecureInfoA isn't encrypted, while the friendseed thing appears to be a bunch of garbled garbage text, definitely not something you can just edit.

Both files have an 0x100 byte RSA-2048 signature before the data begins.

If you're talking about the Sun and Moon pre-load update, it's going to just give you an update after an hour or two of downloading lol
There is no update...
If you install the leaked cia, you install v0, eshop tries to update to v16 (moon), v32 (sun), your're wasting your time.

Tanooks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both files have an 0x100 byte RSA-2048 signature before the data begins.

There is no update...
If you install the leaked cia, you install v0, eshop tries to update to v16 (moon), v32 (sun), your're wasting your time.
Yeah, pretty much. *give you an error (not update)
sorry about that.

Reactions: MarcosBruno

ToxicPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good lord, I wish I could convince myself to stop obsessing over this. :sleep:

All the unanswered questions are driving me insane, I wish they would just lay a ban down on me so I could stop worrying about it already.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Tanooks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sad... =(

So, its not related to nintendo's Bans?

Does the error in the update is due to the dummy seed installed?
Not sure but I can throw in as many bluffs as Phoenix Wright to sound smart as I want

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good lord, I wish I could convince myself to stop obsessing over this. :sleep:

All the unanswered questions are driving me insane, I wish they would just lay a ban down on me so I could stop worrying about it already.
Yo, same.

D

Deleted-19228

We can assume, based on my case here, that "going online" extends to having Wi-Fi enabled on your 3DS while having Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon installed (not the pre-load, the CIA rip of the cart leaks)

@Majickhat55
Then I do not understand how I became banned.
I used the same CIAs that everyone else used. I never connected to any of Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon's online features. It's been confirmed countless times that accessing the Friend Plaza doesn't connect to the internet, but instead does local wireless.

Nintendo's vague quote stated that any system that connected to Nintendo's servers that had the software installed flagged their systems for the ban. When your 3DS first connects to the internet, much like the WiiU, it checks your 3DS's firmware to see if it's the latest one. Nintendo could have put in a check to see if you have an unlocked Pokemon Sun or Pokemon Moon game. They could have had it check your play history app. Who knows what they did. Safest bet is to avoid having your 3DS connected to Wi-Fi until the 18th. Delete Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon and re-download it when the so called "version: 0" fix dump is out. Delete your save data.

The best thing you could do; if you have a NAND Backup before you installed Sun and Moon, delete the games and their ticket, then perform the NAND Backup, then just re-download the PROPER dumps of the games when they come out.

Friend Plaza does indeed go online. I had people visiting my Plaza from around the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q