Has anyone extracted the 360 emulator 'Frisson' or the original xbox emulator microsoft are using for backwards compatibility?

momodora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've seen from the datamines that the internal name for microsofts 360 emulator is called Frisson, used to run 360 games on Series X systems.

Anyone working on removing it or using it to play non-approved games?

There's something like 1400 other games not available in the official backwards compatibility program, so it'd be cool to see what else the emulators can play.

Reactions: Aerocool

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best bet for Xbox emulation is PC, just last year xemu exploded and now over 60% of games work. But of course you need a decent PC to play it.

To me it makes more sense to invest in a PC than an Xbox Series X because you get so much more and all Xbox exclusives are now on PC. For the price of an Xbox Series X you can get a decent computer although better ones will cost more.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Best bet for Xbox emulation is PC, just last year xemu exploded and now over 60% of games work. But of course you need a decent PC to play it.

To me it makes more sense to invest in a PC than an Xbox Series X because you get so much more and all Xbox exclusives are now on PC. For the price of an Xbox Series X you can get a decent computer although better ones will cost more.
He is asking about Xbox 360, not OG Xbox.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was any xbox after the 360 hackable at all ?
because i don't think so and thus the answer is "NO"
They might be hackable, but Microsoft opened up their systems to the consumer starting with the Xbone and continuing forward. Meaning that the ability to run homebrew and even emulators on the latest Xbox has been easily achievable without a single hack. I have to imagine that this move alone killed a huge portion of potential interest that there might have been in hacking the latest Xboxs. I think it doesn't help that there aren't nearly as many amazing exclusives for Microsoft's systems than Sony and Nintendo have, which probably makes their systems all the more attractive for full blown piracy over the Xbox.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Microsoft opened up their systems to the consumer starting with the Xbone and continuing forward. Meaning that the ability to run homebrew and even emulators on the latest Xbox has been easily achievable without a single hack.
that's over, right?
at least for ppl, who do not publish games on their dev-account

momodora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I thought the news was Dev mode is going to be disabled for anyone who isn't uploading to the xbox store.

The 'clarification' statement from microsoft didn't clarify anything. It just said if your account was disabled you could ask for it back. That doesn't answer whether or not people who don't upload to the store will/will not lose access to dev mode....

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I thought the news was Dev mode is going to be disabled for anyone who isn't uploading to the xbox store.

The 'clarification' statement from microsoft didn't clarify anything. It just said if your account was disabled you could ask for it back. That doesn't answer whether or not people who don't upload to the store will/will not lose access to dev mode....
They said they will reenable them all, but that it will take some time and if you need your account back faster, you can contact them.

momodora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think they said they will reenable them all, but that it will take some time and if you need your account faster back, you can contact them.
right but will they disable them again after 90 days if you don't upload a product to the store? that's the part that wasn't clear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ