Hardware Has anyone else Seen this?

ferret7463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was over at QJ and saw this topic .... http://www.qj.net/nintendo-3ds/news/rumor-...n-of-death.html
Has anyone else heard about this happening
ohnoes.png

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I saw a post about this on nintendo3dsblog.com
In the comments there a few people said they had experienced it too.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I had both screens go black twice, once when I returned to the menu, once when starting lego starwars.
The first time I switched the 3ds off an on again (long power button hold, just like dsi) the second time, I just exited to the menu and restarted the game.
No error message though, it seemed to me more like the lights had switched off.

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I had my 3DS go suddenly black when returning to the menu - it didn't restore, and I held the power button off for a long time (20 seconds?) before it shut down.

Something else also happened: all the icons started rotating crazily fast. You know, the "System settings", "Mii maker" etc icons on the top screen. This wasn't fixed by rebooting the system, but fixed itself in an hour or two in sleep mode.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Ravenius said:
Something else also happened: all the icons started rotating crazily fast. You know, the "System settings", "Mii maker" etc icons on the top screen. This wasn't fixed by rebooting the system, but fixed itself in an hour or two in sleep mode.

That sounds like a mic problem. When you blow into the mic it makes the icons spin, sounds like something crashed and you got a constant signal from the mic.

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh, that could be it. Thanks for telling me. It was probably some loud noise at where I was at that time, therefore not a problem really.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
I saw exactly the same error code when it was loading music off the SD card, I just turned it off and on again and then it was fine, nothing since. This was also before I'd done the update.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have had it "hang" a number of times coming out of cartridge games. I have also had the logos on the top screen spin like crazy, usually after taking it out of sleep mode if I have had streetpass or spotpass connections made.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I've had black screens of death with message: "An error has occured" in Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3 times now. Two times on mission 4 when I was simply scrolling over the world map. Then a third time on mission 5 When continuing after having rescued the police.
Very very annoying, hopefully this is something patchable and not hardware problem. However, I did buy a warranty for 1 year, so I can trade in my 3DS if it's actually a hardware problem.

I'll give them some time to come up with an answer why this happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER