Hacking Hardware NAND Extraction

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you havent helped this guy at all. You havent shown any proof in any statement you have made besides flashing his emunand to sysnand. Your basically saying look what i can do and you guys cant your full of it. I will admit I'm not not great at software side of stuff but I'm very good with hardware and soldering. Mostly Gcvideo-lite and gcvideo-dvi for gamecube which ive built for people apon request. Anyway you havent pointed him anywhere to some kind of guide to help him
okay

ILFS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys, I don't have an emuNAND. I didn't realize you could run Gateway without a flashcart, so I never used it.

And what do you mean by update? Don't you have BlackSOD?
I used the Recovery Mod RetroBigMig mentioned.

Seeing where this is going, I'm just gonna update, unless there's a way to actually do this without a NAND. So for my final question,
Is there a way to do this, that is confirmed to work, without the need of a NAND backup?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, guys, I don't have an emuNAND. I didn't realize you could run Gateway without a flashcart, so I never used it.

I used the Recovery Mod RetroBigMig mentioned.

Seeing where this is going, I'm just gonna update, unless there's a way to actually do this without a NAND. So for my final question,
Is there a way to do this, that is confirmed to work, without the need of a NAND backup?
no not without a backup. If you update through recovery you will be on 10.5

ILFS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no not without a backup. If you update through recovery you will be on 10.5

I understand, but being through what I went through I honestly do not are if I can hack it or not.

I never needed to hack. I just thought "Hey, that's cool, I'l try it." And it hasn't benefited me at all. It was just something I found interesting and tried out. It'll be more of a relief than anything else.

ILFS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh.... I didn't work....

Thanks everyone. Your help is appreciated

EDIT: WOW NOOB OMG I TOOK THE SD CARD OUT AND IT WORKS LOL THANK YOU INTERNET

Last edited by ILFS,

ILFS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, uh, ok. So, I deleted the Homebrew stuff, but it STILL gives me the black screen of death. Is there anything in the "private", "Nintendo 3DS", or "DCIM" folders I need to delete?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, uh, ok. So, I deleted the Homebrew stuff, but it STILL gives me the black screen of death. Is there anything in the "private", "Nintendo 3DS", or "DCIM" folders I need to delete?
Its probably bad theme data delete the extdata from the nintendo folder

ILFS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly you're having a huge amount off issues id just format the 3DS and SD completely.
Seriously? My only problem is getting the SD card to work. The system itself works, I just need to get it to work withe the SD card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: WOW NOOB OMG I TOOK THE SD CARD OUT AND IT WORKS LOL THANK YOU INTERNET
Ya'll are missing this edit

ILFS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw your edit, I'm just suggesting to try Recovery w/o the SD. It was a highly suggested thing back when there was the huge craze in downgrading, a short while ago.
Why would that make a difference? It's what's on the SD card that matters. The 3DS itself is fine and functional, but whatever is on the SD card is messing it up. I think Xenon Hacks is right, it's gotta be something to do with extdata since I downloaded Menuhax. Just don't know what to do.

I'm really trying to make sure I don't mess it up again.

RetroBitMig

Banana Boy
Trophies
Website
xn--yck0dzd.xn--q9jyb4c
XP
Country
United States
I don't actually know why it would make a difference. I just mentioned it because I have a friend who told me that so many people on these forums told him to try that. Not just him, but to tons of other people as well. If it really is something on the SD card, you can make a copy of your "Nintendo 3DS" folder somewhere on your desktop and delete it from the SD card. Then just insert it back into the system and test it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1