Hardware issue - unrecognized usb device

antle1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys!

I noticed a really common issue concerning the hac-001 switch connectivity on pc.

My switch serial is unpatched (Verified that the serial in the software is matching the label).
I always made sure to be in RCM (i bought a jig for the pins, + volume and power),
I tried 6 usb c to a different cables on every port of two computers, one being a macbook pro on OS x and on bootcamp windows, and a pc laptop on windows.
Tried the terminal method as well as tegrarcmgui. Installed the libusb K driver, also tried on zadig.
My switch always end up being an unknown usb device with no method whatsoever to install a drive to be read as APX. It doesn't show up as an RCM device on any device i tried.
I tried on an android phone with a usb c otg + direct c to c cable configurations with rekado and NX , nothing worked

What is weird is that it does charge, does connect, and there is no problem in dock mode. Hdmi output is neat, sound is neat and it charges aswell. Apart from the usb connectivity issue the switch runs perfectly.

I've read online that a lot of people had the same issue and there doesn't seem to have any fix. People just put back their switch on ebay and swap for the best of luck.

Could i just change a chip to have it fixed? I could return it on ebay but i bought some accessories and it would be much easier at this point to repair it i guess than pay shipping/duty back and try to find a new one. I heard the M92T36 would be the correct one. Am I right?

Thanks!

tldr; can i just change the usb c chip on my switch if I cannot resolve the unknown USB device error on my computer to hack it? Everything points to an hardware issue, I heard it would be the M92T36. thanks!

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
check this two pad with a multimeter it's the data line for the usb c and see what reading you have and if you have an usb c breakout board you can also test for continuity to make sure the usb port is not faulty

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 54

antle1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
check this two pad with a multimeter it's the data line for the usb c and see what reading you have and if you have an usb c breakout board you can also test for continuity to make sure the usb port is not faulty
Thank you! Before i tear it down, I'd like to make sure how much such board replacement could cost, do you know what board it is to look on? If the price is fair i'll look onto it. If it's too complicated i'd pay someone in a shop for it. Thanks!

Edit: I see this is the main motherboard, something around 150$ used... are these white things (what are they called by theway? ) fixable on their own or the board has to be swapped entirely? I'm sorry i just don't know anything about chips/motherboards. Looks risky with no prior knowledge. Thanks!

Last edited by antle1234,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!