Hardware Hardmod Failure

foldor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I recently did a hardmod on my New 3DS, and I was able to read and write the NAND just fine. I got 3 dumps from it, all confirmed good and equal. I then modified the firmware, and wrote it back, dumping it again just to confirm what I read was equal to what I wrote, and it all came out fine.

However, it seems that my hardmod is giving me the blue screen, even after removing all of the wires. I've included pictures of the work here: https://goo.gl/photos/tY9fPWs7cpSuJE1y7

The main thing to note is that I first tried using the CLK pin on the back, but found it far too tiny, and cumbersome, so I changed it to the alternate pad on the front of the motherboard.

Any ideas for what I can do? The error I'm getting when booting up the console is: 00F800FE 00000000 00000000 00000400 00000000

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the CLK looks pretty burnt down to me :s idk how you even manage to do that. if your soldering skills are the same as focusing your pictures then that's how :P *sorry bad humor :s*

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah you tore both clk points, people in the past revived the console by bridging the front clk to the torn pad in the back, but with both pads ripped you left with not much hope of repair :/

foldor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're right that CLK is pretty burnt down. It was fine before, but when I started having issues, I was trying to clean up all of the pads, and that's when it went bad. Does it being burnt down cause this issue? If so, how do I fix it?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well it's gone, so basically the nand is not properly connected to the system any more so the console cannot boot which is why you have the bootom error, as I mentioned the only fix for a torn trace/pad is to bridge the gap, but with both pads missing and no real comprehensive pcb mapping to find even more alt then it's pretty much dead

the front clk point shouldn't really matter as that's just a test point but the 2 on the back that one is ripped off is where I assume the brick is caused, maybe look if you can find a scrap of a trace to bridge to the non-torn pad, but again I wouldn't be too optimistic

Eruandou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Your only hope is to bridge the trace connecting to the first CLK pad on the front of the console to the physical NAND chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative