Hardware HardDrive Frustrations (WD)

realveemon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya

Just brought a Western Digital 500GB HardDrive (WD5000BEVT) and so far there have been several problems.

Problems which include, Freezing (Game and XMB), unable to copy games over (Downloading things off SEN), FULL Formatting seems to go nowhere (It keeps on saying calculating 0%) forcing me to return to a 40GB HardDrive. It can do quick formats but knowing that doing a full format before you truly use it can help minimize problems that may raise later on I think it needs to be done.

Is there any way on getting this to work? I see many of posts saying it works so perhaps there's hope.

Any help appreciated

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
from my own experience ever since I bought my first hdd , todays hdd seems more fragile
it's probably because they need to cut production budget to stay competitive

I'm not actually a techis guy for living, but I do manage my own set for my own business.
have you try it connecting to computer? check it with HDtune http://www.hdtune.com/ check over health tab and see what did you get there.

if it still under warranty you can always RMA it, check your warranty period here: https://westerndigital.secure.force.com/WarrantyCheck?lang=en
however there are few distributor/store which won't accept it because technically hdd isn't dead, they assume if it isn't dead it's working.

another friend of mine who own computer parts shop told me there is a way to make your hdd "dead" without breaking the warranty to make sure you can RMA it to get a new replacement, on note only if it's still on warranty period.

it seems I write too much words on every reply I made.
anyways.. for me I would RMA it, having bad hdd its the same like having no hdd at all.
Your explanation is descriptive enough to tell that you having bad product.

if warranty is already over, put it on recycle bin.

realveemon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
set the HDD to SATA1?

not sure with WD but Seagate had a pin to set my HD to SATA1.5 negotiation.

According to to the official site there is a jumper option...

EDIT: Seems theres also a problem with watching IPlayer. Perhaps to do with parking?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1