Hacking hard drive?

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
search for the USB Device compatibility thread
smile.gif
I've used a few different HDD's from 30GB to 1TB and haven't had any incompatibility issues thus far

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I got a iomega 1.5 prestige edition and am using that at the moment, when its plugged into the computer its quiet but when its being used by the wii it makes a loud clicking noise every 20 second, i got a replacement because i thought my hard drive was failing but the new one does the same thing. are there any quiet ones that dont click?

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Madzola said:
well I got a iomega 1.5 prestige edition and am using that at the moment, when its plugged into the computer its quiet but when its being used by the wii it makes a loud clicking noise every 20 second, i got a replacement because i thought my hard drive was failing but the new one does the same thing. are there any quiet ones that dont click?
depends on how many you need. If you just play a few first and second party games (Yes, Hal Lab & Sora are second parties) like MKWii, NSMBW, SSBB, SMG etc you should go with an USB flash drive, otherwise just an expensive HDD.

WD drives are usually silent.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WD Passport 320GB and it works awesome. It's bus powered, so no external power plug and has an autosleep function which spins down the drive and parks the heads when not in use.

Madzola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about the wd 320, it says this on the compatibility website, "BE AWARE, NEW DRIVES HAVE HIDDEN VCD THAT CANNOT BE DELETED CAUSING THE DRIVE NOT TO WORK WITH USBLOADER"
is that true?

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why does WD actually integrate VCD - some devices have problems with it!
or its because of nintendo nagging WD cuz this is a popular drive for the Wii to sabotage newer units for using it on the wii.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the Passport drives come with the VCD installed but you can download a program from the WD site that will disable/delete the VCD. I got rid of mine and the drive works stellar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ