Gaming Halo DS

Stickell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or is it just a fake frickin made fairy tale!?!?!?!?
hate2.gif

Stickell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, now that explains it much more for me, considering that everyone on youtube says it is just a skin mod for goldeneye! thank you for clearifing

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok you're new so I'll give you some advice.

Use the search function here unless you would want people flaming you as we get this sort of topic a lot.

Stickell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually think it would have been a good game realese for the ds, but i dont know, it looked good from what i saw on youtube, but the fact that it stoped pisses me off
hate2.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it was real or even that it should be real. Let Halo and Microsoft stay exclusive, everyone needs something to set them apart from the rest.

I dont want Mario on PS3 or 360 or anything else that doesn't display "Nintendo" or have "Nintendo" branded on the hardware. And, be warned for the future, Wikipedia isn't the end-all authority on anything since MANY PEOPLE CAN EDIT IT AT WILL, but it can be jiffy if you want to use it to get references for the subject of the article.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly don't know why people are still talking about this. It's dead. Faked or not, the game is no longer in development and will not be coming out for the DS until Microsoft says otherwise.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
I doubt it was real or even that it should be real. Let Halo and Microsoft stay exclusive, everyone needs something to set them apart from the rest.

I dont want Mario on PS3 or 360 or anything else that doesn't display "Nintendo" or have "Nintendo" branded on the hardware. And, be warned for the future, Wikipedia isn't the end-all authority on anything since MANY PEOPLE CAN EDIT IT AT WILL, but it can be jiffy if you want to use it to get references for the subject of the article.

What? Wikipedia is the most respectable news/encyclopedic site available on the internets since Maddox first started bitching about children's drawings! It's like Fox News, but reliable.

/me punches self in genitals for such a horrible attempt at a joke.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://ds.ign.com/objects/874/874110.html Check out the videos there.

QUOTE said:
Halo on the Nintendo DS? It could have been, if the deals had worked out. A major publisher began negociations with license holder Microsoft for the game to happen, and contracted a known game developer to produced a spec demo of a version of Halo for the Nintendo DS. The demo was made, the game was (according to those who played it) appropriately accurate to the Halo experience on Nintendo's little handheld, and the talks were active in making the game happen ... and then, it was no more. Due to issues regarding the license, Halo DS was never fully produced.

A similar situation with the Halo franchise had occurred years earlier with the Game Boy Advance platform, but whether a demo or game code for GBA was ever produced is not known.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:

yes but it was a slightly different scenario for halo, you see, nintendo has no plans to end the mario franchise, and I don't think they will consider that for a long time. But microsoft had no plans for halo after halo wars (which had already been confirmed by the time these rumors started) so there was two options, either put the franchise to rest and let it pass on with dignity, if you will. Or sell the franchise to nintendo (according to some I heard there were no plans to sell it to sony as microsoft was currently competing with them) but I pretty much smelt something fishy at this point, if microsoft really did consider selling the franchise to nintendo, why was there so much speculation about a halo DS but not a halo on the wii? Surely nintendo would make a version for the wii, at this point I knew it was just a rumor, but what kept the rumour from dying off so quickly was the eagerness of DS owners, a lot of them really wanted a portable version of halo for the system. Then came along some IGN editor and claimed he had played a finished version of halo, a lot of us took him for his word and hoped we'd hear more, a few months later a video was released in which two ign editors showed and proved to us that it was real and showed footage of them playing it, about 2 days later we found out that it was a hoax (since when did those cross over from UFO pranks?) and turned out to be a modded version of Goldeneye: Rogue agent. However this did give us an insight to what a halo on the DS could look like, and fans all started speculating again, but eventually it was pretty much confirmed that there was no plans to make one. Nice try IGN

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You also have to factor here that Microsoft currently has no handheld system. Microsoft Game Studios has in the past published games on the GBA and DS (I think) and Halo wouldn't be that big of a problem, just that Bungie would have to be onboard with the idea too. I have a feeling that Microsoft and Nintendo don't particularly hate each other, so generally MS has sent some of their works to Nintendo's handheld platforms. I have no idea if MS has sent anything to the PSP though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1