Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It was louder than the games I was playing and I have auditory sensory issues so it was impossible for me to ignore.
You're fine, it is louder than my amazon joys cheap replacement spring noise and i bet Binky will get tired of it soon enough(if they are as loud as yours ofc). Because when you know it's there it's there :D like OLED uniformity or something once seen it you can't unsee it.
Besides that, you pay what? Like x4-6x for them I mean that price can force some expectations and it is normal. :D

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'll have to try these when my current ones start to drift. replaced the ones in my og switch's joycons two years ago and they're still going strong.

that said, my OLED switch and its brand new joycons have the same "click" and spring-sound issues people are bringing up here. i have to wonder if all joycons are like this at first and over time they get worn in and stop producing as much noise/unintentional feedback. like no joke using my brand new, official joycons i found myself bringing them up to my ear and giving them a listen because not only do they produce that clicky sensation and sound but they let out a gentle creak of what sounds like a spring when i hold them in the up position as well as when i release them.

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i'll have to try these when my current ones start to drift. replaced the ones in my og switch's joycons two years ago and they're still going strong.

that said, my OLED switch and its brand new joycons have the same "click" and spring-sound issues people are bringing up here. i have to wonder if all joycons are like this at first and over time they get worn in and stop producing as much noise/unintentional feedback. like no joke using my brand new, official joycons i found myself bringing them up to my ear and giving them a listen because not only do they produce that clicky sensation and sound but they let out a gentle creak of what sounds like a spring when i hold them in the up position as well as when i release them.
I am new here but i already tried 4 sets of joysticks in two og cons and get only spring squeeing experience in at least one of each pair but in some, it is way way worse than others. (no clicking thoo)

Miranda07

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine were also both clicking, which I noticed was accompanied by a "lurch forward" on the calibration screen every time I heard it - so I completely opened them up to find out what was going on.

Turns out that the click is caused by the small plastic pieces that hold the magnets. They are supposed to silently slide side to side, but were instead getting caught on the arm, lifting up and flicking back down. And because these magnets are what determines the positional tracking, having them jumping around like that unfortunately DOES have the potential to affect gameplay, beyond just being a mild annoyance.

Both the clicking and the inaccuracy completely went away once I shaved a tiny bit of plastic off the lip where it was getting caught, and the stick is now working perfectly. I'm really not impressed with the manufacturing quality out of the box though.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Mine were also both clicking, which I noticed was accompanied by a "lurch forward" on the calibration screen every time I heard it - so I completely opened them up to find out what was going on.

Turns out that the click is caused by the small plastic pieces that hold the magnets. They are supposed to silently slide side to side, but were instead getting caught on the arm, lifting up and flicking back down. And because these magnets are what determines the positional tracking, having them jumping around like that unfortunately DOES have the potential to affect gameplay, beyond just being a mild annoyance.

Both the clicking and the inaccuracy completely went away once I shaved a tiny bit of plastic off the lip where it was getting caught, and the stick is now working perfectly. I'm really not impressed with the manufacturing quality out of the box though.
Iam not surprised. My one gulikit joy(no hall) from the package is making some noise and it feels a bit off so the quality was and probably is not there or this form factor just can't be any better in case of noise making and feeling : X

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I suspected that. Glad you were able to resolve it. Though, it’s a bummer you had to go that far.

Found them in aliexpress.

US $27.70 30% Off | Gulikit Original Hall Joystick for Joy-con Fitable Replacement Drop Anti Stick Drift Durable Effect Analog Game Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0BBpsS

Side note: wonder if these would work on there.

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/870562.html

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

AngelofWoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I'm not doing that. Guess it's time to start up a return.

Thank you for confirming that!

Last edited by AngelofWoe,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I suspected that. Glad you were able to resolve it. Though, it’s a bummer you had to go that far.

Found them in aliexpress.

US $27.70 30% Off | Gulikit Original Hall Joystick for Joy-con Fitable Replacement Drop Anti Stick Drift Durable Effect Analog Game Accessories
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0BBpsS

Side note: wonder if these would work on there.

https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/870562.html
I wonder why if they're "original" Gulikit parts, their official Aliexpress' store doesn't have them listed not even without stock.

The only available parts are carbon film design (store's description).

On the official Gulikit's webpage this product is advertised, but there's no link available to an online store.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

victorstk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

can you show what part you shaved to stop the clicks?

Reactions: impeeza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Better replace them if you get clicky ones because there is a solid chance of braking that metal latches on disassembly

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why if they're "original" Gulikit parts, their official Aliexpress' store doesn't have them listed not even without stock.

The only available parts are carbon film design (store's description).

On the official Gulikit's webpage this product is advertised, but there's no link available to an online store.
They're on there for me now.
Not sure if this listing is new since you left your reply.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804947375853.html

AngelofWoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKNES responded to my review offering a full refund:
1674402084826.png

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
AKNES responded to my review offering a full refund:View attachment 348735
Is cheaper for them give to you a full refund instead of assume the shipping costs.

Well, the truth is that works for booth of you: you get the defective items and if you like you can try to repair them; even if they get broken you have the money to buy a new pair.

Last edited by impeeza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: