Half-Life is back, in a new trailer for Half-Life: Alyx

Valve sent the internet into a state of shock, when they revealed that a new Half-Life game was coming soon. Teased as a virtual reality game, more information was promised to be shown in a trailer. Now, that time has come, and we've got our first look at Half-Life: Alyx, which takes place between Half-Life 1 and 2. The game will be a full-length title, priced at $59.99, and will release in March of 2020, for the Valve Index, Vive, Windows MR, and Oculus headsets.

Half-Life: Alyx is Valve’s VR return to the Half-Life series. It’s the story of an impossible fight against a vicious alien race known as the Combine, set between the events of Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Playing as Alyx Vance, you are humanity’s only chance for survival.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WOW! That was a surreal watch! I really thought Half-Life was dead and buried. Looks incredible, especially for a VR game and this will no doubt shift a lot of VR headsets.

I'm really surprised how much it looked and sounded like Half-Life, they really nailed the setting. Though Alyx sounded quite different.

Really just makes me want a traditional Half-Life game, especially considering I don't have a compatible VR headset

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pls someone in power make a law wher companys hav to produce a non vr version of all games - after 3 months though will be acceptable

Reactions: souhukyafod

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish they could do something about the floating hands, it looks weird. Can't they just display transparent arms attached to the floating hands? lol

Reactions: Deleted User

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never really thought about what half life with even more modern technology would look like but goddamn, that picture of the citadel being built looks insane. I can't wait to play this next year

Reactions: shaunj66

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so good seeing Half-Life assets in a newer engine. I won't be able to play this game due to lack of time and VR at home, but damn this gets me hyped that HL:3 may still happen at some point in time.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally every room is a tiny cramped room or corridor filled with obstacles to obstruct movement because they still haven't figured out movement in VR.

This is basically a tech demo.

Yep, so it's promoted as not an on the rails shooter, but essentially it almost is.

It'll be highly polished, being Valve, but I just want a good shooter, fairly realistic / humans, not aliens, zombies, etc, buts it's easy to code a.i. for thi gs like these. (Yes I've played previous Half Life games haha)

Reactions: souhukyafod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...