Gaming Half Life 2 Deathmatch free on Steam!

supersonic5000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found this on accident browsing the Steam forums. I don't know old this is so don't get mad if it
is really old news.
tongue.gif

For ATI/AMD (Radeon) graphic card users: storefront
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch [6]
- Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

For Nvidia (GeForce) graphic card users: storefront
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch [6]
- Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
- Portal: First Slice

Original thread on the Steam forums. Steam

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
purplesludge said:
It still works. Got deathmatch and lost coast. Saved $5 but technically $100 since lost coast can only be gotten in a bundle.
Seeing as Lost Coast is more of a tech demo rather than an actual game I'd say you haven't saved anything at all. That $100 pack you supposedly didn't have to buy actually contains games and not just tech demos.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
purplesludge said:
It still works. Got deathmatch and lost coast. Saved $5 but technically $100 since lost coast can only be gotten in a bundle.
Seeing as Lost Coast is more of a tech demo rather than an actual game I'd say you haven't saved anything at all. That $100 pack you supposedly didn't have to buy actually contains games and not just tech demos.
I know it's a lighting demo ,but the only way to get it was in that pack. It still saves people money for deathmatch anyways.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It don't work for me. I already have an account, and when it asks if you already have Steam installed and select yes, it just sits there. Meh...no big loss, really.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is very old, I got these back in august 2008. I remember they said it was a temporary action back then, so it's kind of surprising you can still get these.

I really hope Valve keeps doing this kind of stuff. They really get people to install Steam this way. I would have never used it if this discount hadn't shown up so they would never have sold anything to me.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
purplesludge said:
Minox_IX said:
purplesludge said:
I know it's a lighting demo ,but the only way to get it was in that pack. It still saves people money for deathmatch anyways.
Well technically you get Source SDK for just $5 if you actually pay for Half-life 2 Deathmatch so while you save cash on the game you do miss out on the SDK. Said SDK is usually used for one of the numerous good Half-life 2 mods.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
It don't work for me. I already have an account, and when it asks if you already have Steam installed and select yes, it just sits there. Meh...no big loss, really.
Worked for me. I've had my account since around when Portal came out. I used the ATI Radeon though.
Doesn't the SDK come with some of the other games?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
purplesludge said:
GeekyGuy said:
Worked for me. I've had my account since around when Portal cam out. I used the ATI Radeon though.
Yep, too bad it doesn't come with this. It'd be an easy and free way to get access to Source Engine mods.

D

Deleted_171835

I already got this (Nvidia Package).
A friend told me about it so we could play Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.
mellow.gif

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Berthenk said:
purplesludge said:
GeekyGuy said:
Worked for me. I've had my account since around when Portal cam out. I used the ATI Radeon though.
Yep, too bad it doesn't come with this. It'd be an easy and free way to get access to Source Engine mods.
Alien Swarm maybe?
unsure.gif

dan80315

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is great. It still works for me lol.

It wasn't working for me at first but after exiting steam and clicking on the link it worked for me. Nice find, even if it's a tad bit late
tongue.gif

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dan80315 said:
Wow this is great. It still works for me lol.

It wasn't working for me at first but after exiting steam and clicking on the link it worked for me. Nice find, even if it's a tad bit late
tongue.gif

Same here. I'm even more surprised to find this offer extends to mobile variants of these cards. Regardless of whether or not its old, its still good that the offer is still going.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:

No, you saved $30. You get Lost Coast in the Orange Box, too.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Delta517 said:
Berthenk said:
purplesludge said:
GeekyGuy said:
Alien Swarm maybe?
unsure.gif
Nope, Alien Swarm uses a modified version of the Source Engine Source SDK dammit (noticed I had it wrong after posting
tongue.gif
), therefore, it's not compatible with mods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny