Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. I am preparing a SNES for someone else and that's without usb mod. I wanted all games for him to be perfect, but 5 MB is not tolerable in exchange for better sound.
what have the saves with better sound to do?
and when the saves are to big for you then take the compress mod.
the free space is enough for the saves of the original 21 games and not for more games and saves!

or go to rasperry pie!

the normal mod is only a little thing to use and for a short time!
the future are usb mod or intern sd card mod!

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last edited by santamanga,

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, I read through the thread on github and it sounds very solid! Just posting the link for others or updates.
https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/issues/1048

Question: Does the factory reset also delete compressed save stats? Edit: yes.

I tested the mod with many games. I made several savestates and used often the rewind function. The savestates are compressed of about a factor 9-10, IMHO this module is perfect in conjunction with extra_space module.

PS: the management of compressed savestates is the same of uncompressed savestates, then (as you noted) a factory reset deletes them! ;)

Last edited by Gab75,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Extract this then drag it into games (or games_snes depending on console).
Flash it to your system and run it to load test menu.

Attachments

• CLV-Z-AAAAA.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 158

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol these systems have fdisk :P

Probably because its running open source software.
It also has things like eject, wget, ifconfig (quite a few internet related things)
Most commands seem to go unused :/

And sorry for the 3 posts...

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed something odd. I'm getting an SNES classic for christmas, so I've been getting hakchi ready by adding a bunch of games. The thing is, I've noticed a few games have weird command lines. Some of them say /bin/zip or /bin/7z. What do I do in these situations ? Do I copy the command line from other games to replace the /bin/zip...or whatever ?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed something odd. I'm getting an SNES classic for christmas, so I've been getting hakchi ready by adding a bunch of games. The thing is, I've noticed a few games have weird command lines. Some of them say /bin/zip or /bin/7z. What do I do in these situations ? Do I copy the command line from other games to replace the /bin/zip...or whatever ?
Im not sure that is correct, I thought it should be /bin/(emulator name) but I guess it is just using file extensions. I upload many games so I dont compress them. To be safe dont compress them unless your uploading lots of games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also have a question of my own, is there a way to stop screenshots from not loading when taking one?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure that is correct, I thought it should be /bin/(emulator name) but I guess it is just using file extensions. I upload many games so I dont compress them. To be safe dont compress them unless your uploading lots of games.

I also have a question of my own, is there a way to stop screenshots from not loading when taking one?
With the SNES classic, I'm just going with SNES games, as any Genesis, TG16, MAME, etc that I want is already on my NES classic. I think I got it figured out, though. I was importing the files as a single thing. After I took off the two affected games, Snow White In Happily Ever After and Final Fight Guy, and picked just the .sfc files, it seems to load them just fine with the proper command line command. With Final Fight Guy, when it asked me to extract a certain game, it had both Final Fight Guy and Fzero....for some reason.

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Mnecraft368 - saw your question, alas i don't know the answer...

I tested the mod with many games. I made several savestates and used often the rewind function. The savestates are compressed of about a factor 9-10, IMHO this module is perfect in conjunction with extra_space module.

PS: the management of compressed savestates is the same of uncompressed savestates, then (as you noted) a factory reset deletes them! ;)

So.. I installed the hmod (as zip), but the savestates (newly) created with clover are still 1.5 to 2 MB. I think what was different was that they are in the extra space (although I didn't pay attention to that before).
Is it possible that this mod to work also need tinyzip (dynamic?) hmod?

@Spottedfeather
read the github link from my last post, they explain everything wth this mod and the size of different savestats.

Last edited by santamanga,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mnecraft368 - saw your question, alas i don't know the answer...

So.. I installed the hmod (as zip), but the savestates (newly) created with clover are still 1.5 to 2 MB. I think what was different was that they are in the extra space (although I didn't pay attention to that before).
Is it possible that this mod to work also need tinyzip (dynamic?) hmod?

@Spottedfeather
read the github link from my last post, they explain everything wth this mod and the size of different savestats.
I found something that said 400-500kb instead of 1 or 2. That's not true ?

How does the extra_space mod work exactly ? How much space does installing this mod take up ? Also, the readme for the extra_space mod says very experimental. This makes me a bit scared.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found something that said 400-500kb instead of 1 or 2. That's not true ?

How does the extra_space mod work exactly ? How much space does installing this mod take up ? Also, the readme for the extra_space mod says very experimental. This makes me a bit scared.
My guess is that it compresses everything it can safely. Probably experimental because it might mess up a file it wasnt supposed to. Total speculation there though.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 11-30-17

Thanks to DanTheMan827 and madmonkey, per usual, a tremendously beneficial Update to USB-HOST! There is now a third way to install/uninstall HMODS! This third method also keeps your NESC/SNESC untethered to Hakchi1/2. You will, of course, still need to use hakchi2 if you want to uninstall to stock, and hakchi1 if you want to Update to the latest Revisions! CheatSheet has brief run down of the new transfer method. I also recorded and posted another video showing it in action! Otherwise, I also updated MAME 2003 (Again, more Sega Fixes, along with trackball patches for Cabal, Improved Sample Sounds for Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr., Fire Barrel & FixEight now work. Additionally, I updated MAME 2010 (some improvements to display aspect ratio), GW (button mapping fixes, sound loop corrections, transparency issues), FBA 2016 (Save Bug Fixes for Violent Storm and Metamorphic Force), TGBDual (Fix of G++ Compile error that kept it from working on NESC/SNESC; Now it is properly Updated to current version!), Genesis Plus GX (Various Fixes), Fuse.

I also added a new Core, xrick, which plays a fantastic clone of Rick Dangerous!

Finally, I cleaned up things a bit, and updated Core Info Files, etc!

Here is a video of the Revised Tutorial for USB-HOST, along with the third method of HMOD installs/uninstalls in action:)

**SNES Classic - USB-HOST Revised Tutorial (With NEW HMOD Transfer Method:)

And, today's Update:)

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Reactions: santamanga

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if Elite works on any Retroarch cores? I tried it using the NES emulator but was unsuccessful and was wondering if there was a way to run it without it being glitched out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7