Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks. But I mean for the version without usb mod.
I tested all retroarch.hmod and the last one that enables auto-fire and back2menu combo is version 0.8. :( and that is without borders.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
reset combo on not usb host must be activate in hakchi!
there is no mod needed because it is in the third menu from the right under controller hacks!
there is no need for a hmod for it and auto fire kann be set too!

Last edited by Liriel,

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe I shouldn´t use the debug Version then, because it does not work. It is activated, but does not work. Also, I have sent you a PM.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been trying to recreate the password mod that is included with hakchi2 but I have run into the problem that I cant find any methods for converting to .raw format so I can print images onto the screen. I have made a thread here on gbatemp and a post on reddit, both getting 0 replys. I have tried many websites claiming to convert to raw but dont even have raw as an option. Also tried a gimp method, no luck there either. Imagemagick claimed to convert to raw but not the .raw format. I am kinda stumpted. If there is any other way to display images on the SNES classic screen via scripts then please let me know! Thanks!
(Also I know this is kinda off topic of hakchi but its about SNES/NES classic hacking so it counts?)

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to recreate the password mod that is included with hakchi2 but I have run into the problem that I cant find any methods for converting to .raw format so I can print images onto the screen. I have made a thread here on gbatemp and a post on reddit, both getting 0 replys. I have tried many websites claiming to convert to raw but dont even have raw as an option. Also tried a gimp method, no luck there either. Imagemagick claimed to convert to raw but not the .raw format. I am kinda stumpted. If there is any other way to display images on the SNES classic screen via scripts then please let me know! Thanks!
(Also I know this is kinda off topic of hakchi but its about SNES/NES classic hacking so it counts?)

Try looking at netpbm (and specifically pbm2raw). They're CLI-only, old as the hills, require several steps and are a total pain in the ass, but sometimes they're the only way to get the job done.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It turns out that after reading so much about raw formats and learning different types, re-reading the modifications and modules guide "rgba" flew out to me. Converted an image to rgba, renamed to .raw and it flashed perfectly. Someone needs to make a tutorial for this... I no joke spent a month trying to figure it out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Only issue is that some colours are incorrect but they arent bad so I will just put up with it for now. Going to convert my next few images and get to programming.

Reactions: santamanga

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks. But I mean for the version without usb mod.
I tested all retroarch.hmod and the last one that enables auto-fire and back2menu combo is version 0.8. :( and that is without borders.

reset combo on not usb host must be activate in hakchi!
there is no mod needed because it is in the third menu from the right under controller hacks!
there is no need for a hmod for it and auto fire kann be set too!

Damn! It was using hakchi 2.21e that prevented auto-fire and controller hacks to work! With 2.21f that is fixed .:toot:

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, most def. Instead of the hakchi knock knock that you have when booting from usb.
I dont have a USB setup to my snes, do you mind if I PM you a mod that you can test on yours?

If it does work, my guess is that it will show the boot image, then close and show the knock knock screen, then boot. Though it might not.
Could be a while, broken code

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a USB setup to my snes, do you mind if I PM you a mod that you can test on yours?

If it does work, my guess is that it will show the boot image, then close and show the knock knock screen, then boot. Though it might not.
Could be a while, broken code

You can do it with the code that already exists, as long as you name it correctly and have it in the proper directory.

I won't elaborate further out of respect for madmonkey's work.

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I don't have a usb setup at this moment. I can pm you when I do again. Also, I don't think changing the boot screen pisses of anyone.
For all kinds of Linux devices and mobile phones we change the boot screen for years.

Last edited by santamanga,
Reactions: Mnecraft368

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I don't have a usb setup at this moment. I can pm you when I do again. Also, I don't think changing the boot screen pisses of anyone.
For all kinds of Linux devices and mobile phones we change the boot screen for years.
The boot screen would be fine if it only would apply when you have a USB stick inserted. I like to have it original as possible when no USB is inserted.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The boot screen would be fine if it only would apply when you have a USB stick inserted. I like to have it original as possible when no USB is inserted.

OTG detection happens far too late (relatively speaking) in the boot process to make that possible, unfortunately.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it could work. The USB mod probably has a script to detect the USB. It's possible to repurpose this script for our needs and only show the menu if a USB is detected. I would look into it but I haven't got a USB OTG cable.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One different question in between, if I may. Are savestats of snes2005 still 5MB ?
yes they are it on the usb version too.
but on usb is space more as you want and 5mb are little on it.
there is a hmod that compress the saves when you want to use it

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While trying to fix my code, I managed to speed up boot by a large amount. Like a 3-5 second boot unlike the usual 5-10 second boot

Im guessing this is due to having no delay between the image showing and exiting the script. If anyone knows how to add this please let me know. I have to stop for the day but will continue tomorrow.

Reactions: santamanga

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes they are it on the usb version too.
but on usb is space more as you want and 5mb are little on it.
there is a hmod that compress the saves when you want to use it
Thanks. I am preparing a SNES for someone else and that's without usb mod. I wanted all games for him to be perfect, but 5 MB is not tolerable in exchange for better sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7