Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You went step by step in the guide? And installed all drivers and flashed the custom kernel?
Yup, unistalled Hakchi 2.
Reinstalled it. It seemed to still have the drivers installed from the first time I made a stock dump of the FW.
Reflashed the custom FW to the mini. Just seems to go into what I think is a 13s reboot cycle. Only the flashing in Hakchi works, nothing else.

The problem started after I started to make a file system back up via FTP. Got to one folder then it started, to go into this weird reboot cycle.

All very strange.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic great video mate. Any way to put the extra games in the same row as the originals in the scroll list i.e. no 'extra games' folder?

Simply cut and paste them into the main section:) Outside the folders and Unsorted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

for NES and GBA is the "--retroarch" not needed.
the system found it itself

--retroarch is only needed for some instances of nes, as it calls to the fceumm emulator, and the 2010 9x, of which I will update within my set...to handle the argument.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It's have to be a third party controller or one of the wii classic controllers.
Thanks, Wii Classic controller worked perfect, pressing even the "home" button brings you nice back to the Snes Mini game select screen

Diddy Kong Racing and Snowboard Kids perfect playable, GoldenEye, is really messy with the controls, but playable once you get used to it

Last edited by DjoeN,

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Simply cut and paste them into the main section:) Outside the folders and Unsorted.

--retroarch is only needed for some instances of nes, as it calls to the fceumm emulator, and the 2010 9x, of which I will update within my set...to handle the argument.
You'll work to include snes mini borders in retroarch or is it difficult ? Thanks. Rgs.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, unistalled Hakchi 2.
Reinstalled it. It seemed to still have the drivers installed from the first time I made a stock dump of the FW.
Reflashed the custom FW to the mini. Just seems to go into what I think is a 13s reboot cycle. Only the flashing in Hakchi works, nothing else.

The problem started after I started to make a file system back up via FTP. Got to one folder then it started, to go into this weird reboot cycle.

All very strange.
Hopefully you didn't mess something up while you were poking around in FTP :/

Last edited by PPlays,

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check your retroarch settings for the reset button command.

I think there is a rewind feature in the retroarch settings. I've seen pictures of gb and nes games with borders, it just needs to be implemented for everyone.

You went step by step in the guide? And installed all drivers and flashed the custom kernel?

You can turn off the user game play demo and leave the gameplay demo on.

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check your retroarch settings for the reset button command.

I think there is a rewind feature in the retroarch settings. I've seen pictures of gb and nes games with borders, it just needs to be implemented for everyone.

You can turn off the user game play demo and leave the gameplay demo on.

So gameplay demo works this time for added games? In NES Mini didn't work.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do save states take up a lot of memory or something? I suddenly went from 245.2 MB to 241.0 MB available simply from hooking the console back up to change some cover art...

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if i add retroarch, i only have to add --retroarch to specific games. They then get launched by retroarchy, all other games by canoe?

This does not work for me. Here are my command line arguments that I've tried.

First attempt: /bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-LZZZU/Home_Alone_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch
Result: Immediate C7 error

Second attempt: /bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-LZZZU/Home_Alone_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch --core snes
Result: Immediate C7 error

The only thing that even seems to remotely work is KMDFManic's workaround of sticking the SFC in a 7Z file, then zipping up the 7Z file and adding that to hackchi with the command line argument /bin/snes /usr/share/games/CLV-Z-GWOZD/Goof_Troop_(U)_[!].7z.*

But even then I get a C7 error when I hit Reset. Any thoughts on troubleshooting?

*Goof Troop doesn't launch with the command line args above either

Last edited by SWChris,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.