Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
imho I don't see the point of having other console games running on the snes mini. I have plenty of other systems that run every other console. I'm keeping my Snes mini and NES mini pure. I'm only putting SNES games on the snes mini. I've put a extra 50 or so more SNES games on the mini and I'm happy with that.

Thanks cluster for make this happen.:bow:

Sort of agree with you. Then again, no other console boots up as fast as this SNES Mini and, very important for me: I can put this SNES Mini in a pocket of my jacket including the two controllers head of to a friend of mine and plug it in to enjoy.

Certainly I do this from time to time with my PS3, PS4, WiiU etc too, but it is more of a hassle, need a big bag and so on. Aside that, there is this controller made by Hori for SNES Mini that seems to be the perfect match for the Sega Genesis.

original.jpg

So I am guessing aside SNES Mini doing just SNES, I will select and pick some of the most awesome games on some other systems like Megadrive, Genesis and such, and put them on Retroarch on the SNES Mini. The most portable all in one retro fun I had in a long time. Although I still hope for the port of Nintendo's Canoe as homebrew for WiiU :-)

Reactions: chillmodious

svenmaier789

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
first of all: thank you cluster for your amazing work, paypal donation is on its way! enjoyed the nes hack, and got the snes mini just to get your hack on it, and re-live childhood memories.

now to my problem: i waited for official version, and just flashed my snes mini, and added a handful games. everything works perfect, (except the already known problems with terranigma, illusion of time etc. hope we get a fix for those on native snes mini emulator, i don't like putting retroarch on the snes.)

just now i wanted to add some additional games, but i can't get my snes mini to get recognized by my pc. as usual i connected it via the usb cable it came with(and i did the first flash with), but pressing reset, pressing powerbutton, holding restet for a few seconds does nothing.
connecting it to a poweroutlet and playing on it works fine though.
i read about a higher power consumption with flashed kernel, but apparently i'm the only one with that problem right now?
so right now i'm stuck with the custom kernel and the already added games, but i can't access it anymore via pc and hakchi.

edit: great...eating my own words...
turning it on/off again for like the 20th time did the trick...still, though. any ideas why, or someone else with that problem?

Last edited by svenmaier789,

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is the size of the savefiles with native emulator, and with retroarch?

Are there pixel arts for sleepmode like in Nes Mini?

@Cluster: would it be possible to make "Something like "My Game Play Demo" support for SNES Classic Mini. It will not replay your gameplay but it will load your random save-state and show it for some time" optional? I rather have nothing than this, personally (because for a gameplay mode, what we would see would be a character doing nothing, or dying in most games :P). (But the idea is good nonetheless :) ).

Reactions: Mamertos

swisstoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else getting sound skipping on some games? Ive notice it on Parodius, TMNT Turtles In Tipe, Pop N Twinbee and Rock N Roll Racing I'm using a PAL Snes

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
does it matter if i take all US roms on my EU Snes Mini? or is regio not a problem
Snes classic actually only uses US and JP roms. The emulator doesnt work with PAL region games very well at all.

Retroarch handles those problem child games pretty well.

Edit: Dude above me, just set retroarch up and use that to play those specific games that have noticeable issues.

Last edited by RetroVortex,

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
is star ocean working in retroarch,just tried patchted dd1 and eng transl version,but black screen,street fighter alpha 2 jap works.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw another update available. If I update my version of hakchi will I lose my list, custom art, etc and have to re add it?

I was preparing to add games originally then an update was released so when I updated I had to start over.

Last edited by supermist,

Ryu-SSF2T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I'd like to confirm that Secret of Mana 2 (with the english translation) seems it works fine.
I have trouble getting the Hakchi webinstaller to run in windows 10, the app gets blocked and I have tried changing a million settings.
I dont know what the "powerleak" issue is in version 2.20.. but could anyone please download the latest through the hakchi_webinstaller
and perhaps zip it and mail it to me please? I'd really appreciate it.

I need the latest version 2.20.015 or what its called.

Last edited by Ryu-SSF2T,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to confirm that Secret of Mana 2 (with the english translation) seems it works fine.
I have trouble getting the Hakchi webinstaller to run in windows 10, the app gets blocked and I have tried changing a million settings.
I dont know what the "powerleak" issue is in version 2.20.. but could anyone please download the latest through the hakchi_webinstaller
and perhaps zip it and mail it to me please? I'd really appreciate it.
Run as admin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ