Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Laufzeitfehler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does one absolutely have to use Snes9x 2010 when Snes9x mainline is more up to date and has better compatibility? Does an Snes9x main core exist for Snes Classic? I'm curious, mostly.

Edit: Doesn't look like it, I'll stick to Canoe (Snes Mini's emulator), Snes9x 2010 breaks Final Fantasy VI in mysterious ways (the color banding used in the game selection menu is missing, etc).:unsure:

Yep the Canoe is also the first one i try but when there are to many problems it's good to have an alternative.

choochoonesme

Trophies
XP
Country
Blind me, this exploded. I joined around when the mini nes got hacked by cluster with Hakchi2 and then I left it at that only to return when the snes was out to find you guys had managed to load the Nes with allsorts of awesome stuff. So I was following the posts until about page 600 and while waiting for cluster and now I'm a bit lost.

So correct me if I'm wrong, from what I can tell looking back though, Cluster has been working hard and has added to the original Hakchi2 to allow you to put more snes games on which need to be converted but the updated hakchi2 converts them by itself as long as you are using NTSC roms?
I'm having trouble finding the latest update for the Hakchi2, does anybody have a working link?
I also saw on his twitter he was about to make a release today or tomorrow with regards to an update. Will that be the full thing that will work as well as the original did?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blind me, this exploded. I joined around when the mini nes got hacked by cluster with Hakchi2 and then I left it at that only to return when the snes was out to find you guys had managed to load the Nes with allsorts of awesome stuff. So I was following the posts until about page 600 and while waiting for cluster and now I'm a bit lost.

So correct me if I'm wrong, from what I can tell looking back though, Cluster has been working hard and has added to the original Hakchi2 to allow you to put more snes games on which need to be converted but the updated hakchi2 converts them by itself as long as you are using NTSC roms?
I'm having trouble finding the latest update for the Hakchi2, does anybody have a working link?
I also saw on his twitter he was about to make a release today or tomorrow with regards to an update. Will that be the full thing that will work as well as the original did?

You might be better off asking questions here. https://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-hakchi2-manual-hacking-thread.485977/unread
Most of the conversation lately has been about the SNES Classic and not the NES. the latest official update is the one posted on the github you're talking about.

vanditr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you pleasee send me that rom please???!!!

I use the rom you send me but still black screen, i dont know how you got it to work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fucking sucks i purchase this damn thing to play rock n roll racing and i cant even do that, just going to put the snes mini on ebay

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the rom you send me but still black screen, i dont know how you got it to work

fucking sucks i purchase this damn thing to play rock n roll racing and i cant even do that, just going to put the snes mini on ebay

Or just use another device or emulator, or install RetroArch on the Snes Mini. Getting upset and Selling an Snes mini just because it can't play one ROM is pretty silly IMO. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Hackcell and flinto

vanditr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the only reason i got it for, not going to mod the fucking console and go trough all that, mchusky said he got it working, he send me the rom and guess what still not working

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the only reason i got it for, not going to mod the fucking console and go trough all that, mchusky said he got it working, he send me the rom and guess what still not working

Whatever, your loss. You can either wait for the official Hackchi release or sell it on eBay. What a waste.:huh:

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Hackcell and flinto

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Small bug I have noticed in RC3, RC4 and now also RC5 (but was not present in RC2).

I can not add micro machines and micro machines 2 to Hakchi.

It will except 1 or the other, whichever is added last, replaces the first one.

The only work around at the moment is if I copy the game folder from RC into

Hope this gets fixed love Micro Machines. RC6 out today I reckon.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
official hakchi2 is not going to fix this, there is what 5 versions of it? and none work

Getting upset over one ROM not working is awfully trivial and unnecessarily counterproductive. 80% of the Snes library or so work from the get go. Sounds like you got the Snes Classic for all the wrong reasons, but hey, it's your money, do whatever you want with it.

not upset just tired specially when others "claim" they got it working but doesnt work

Then I don't know what to tell you. None of these versions are official, that's a pretty big indicator. Wait till the final build.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Hackcell

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, been a minute since I've been on here but nonetheless I'm back at it with the SNES mini.

Quick question: I've been looking at the Hakchi source and keep seeing these "presetID" numbers. What
exactly is the presetID used for? I know each game has a different ID, but what is the purpose of them and
why do we need them within the software?

Last edited by LuckY07,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are not made by cluster?
Just because he's made something that isn't compiled yet doesn't make it official. He's said that when he does have something he is comfortable with putting out he's going to have it beta tested first. None of that has happened yet. These things he's putting out are basically just progress reports that people are compiling to work with Hackchi.

Ill do that before i sell it
I can guarantee you 100% your game will work. If honestly all you want is that one game working then you should tweet him your game so he can look into it.

Last edited by PPlays,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo