Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So by swapping out mame2003 with mame2003_mini, that saves about 19MB of space. Does that mean it's safe to add an additional 19MB of ROMs, even if I go beyond 300MB? If it worked at 300MB + 24MB, then it should work with 319MB + 5MB, right?
Just try it and see. Copy and paste your hakchi and do it in the other one. If it don't work just close out go to other hakchi and resync old setup.

striderh1ryu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure that Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun works. I going to sleep but if nobody answer you, I will tell you how.

Rgs.

ok thanks for the response. It's been a while so don't remember if I renamed it to Kid Dracula or not. I'll tried the one you recommended and it works! I should have known as I was wasting away my weekend thinking it was a mod problem. thx! ...now to figure out how to load mame w/o loading through the Retroarch menus lol

Reactions: nesito

kamiyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i am using third party nes/snes to wii adapter , latest hakchi2 2.14b. controller original snes error, move self.
previous version hakchi2 2.13e controller not detect. can fix it? thx

Attachments

• IMG_20170323_120747_HHT[1].jpg
    IMG_20170323_120747_HHT[1].jpg
    974 KB · Views: 247

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Cause you have custom folders every time checked. Only have that checked if you want your custom folder setup. If you just wanna put a big ps game on then just uncheck custom folders to no folders and sync just the 30 and that game. Then do whatever you want with it. If you wanna go back to your old setup. Just click custom folders again and have the ps game unchecked unl as you wanted to add it to your custom set . Then it will go into unsorted and you move it or whatever you want. Then it will have your previous folder setup.

You're right, Bro. Never thought of that before. Big thanks!

I can't get Famicom Kid Dracula to load/work. My other Famicon games like Crisis, Contra, Castlevania III, etc work fine. I don't know what I'm doing wrong :(

I already played this game since 2.13. Did not change a thing from Cluster. It runs well since he put fceumm and nestopia on it.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having no luck with mame2003_mini. I believe I followed all the instructions.

I copied the mame2003_mini over to user_mods, along with bios_neogeo.hmod, which includes neogeo.zip in the system directory. I installed both and updated command line to mame2003. I can't get any Neo Geo games to run. I used MAME versions of the games, downloaded from different sites.

The readme file for the mini core mentions "patch-neogeo-bios" and there is a file called patch_neogeo.diff in the core_modules_extra\src\mame2003 directory. Do I need to do something with that file?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having no luck with mame2003_mini. I believe I followed all the instructions.

I copied the mame2003_mini over to user_mods, along with bios_neogeo.hmod, which includes neogeo.zip in the system directory. I installed both and updated command line to mame2003. I can't get any Neo Geo games to run. I used MAME versions of the games, downloaded from different sites.

The readme file for the mini core mentions "patch-neogeo-bios" and there is a file called patch_neogeo.diff in the core_modules_extra\src\mame2003 directory. Do I need to do something with that file?
Do you have both mame2003 installed and mame2003mini or just 1 of them? I get mine from emu. And they work.

bdazla

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I have just started playing with this and i'm wrapped with what we can so with the mini nes.

I have been trying to play some sega master system games but i am unable to get them to load automatically like other games from other platforms. I have installed the hack obviously (2.14b) and installed the RetroArch (0.6) and the only way i can play the games i have uploaded is to use the cloverapp application and load the roms and the the games. Is there an easier way to get the games running automatically the same as other gaming platforms? i have tried adding
--RetoArch to the end of the game path as such but it still hasn't helped.

Thoughts or suggestions that could help me get these sega master system games running easily?

Daz

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

I have just started playing with this and i'm wrapped with what we can so with the mini nes.

I have been trying to play some sega master system games but i am unable to get them to load automatically like other games from other platforms. I have installed the hack obviously (2.14b) and installed the RetroArch (0.6) and the only way i can play the games i have uploaded is to use the cloverapp application and load the roms and the the games. Is there an easier way to get the games running automatically the same as other gaming platforms? i have tried adding

Thoughts or suggestions that could help me get these sega master system games running easily?

Daz

You need to have genesis_plus_gx.hmod installed in user_mods.Then change the command line in hakchi gui to /bin/sms

Reactions: bdazla and AndyVr

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi All,

Daz

I've got it to run with the help of @djovelha
Maybe he could help you out !

Reactions: bdazla

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For anyone having trouble running cores (emulators)-> be sure you always edit the command line from /bin/x to bin/"name of the core". You can always find the core's name you need to puth behind bin/ in the cores (.hmod) folder inside the bin folder.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I uninstalled the full 2003 and installed only the mini. I tried emu (MAME versions), and none worked.

You are not using the correct BIOS (neogeo.zip).

As Andy said..there are more than one neogeozip bioses out there..I use a total of 4 diff ones for diff games.The neogeozip I use and works for mame2003 &mame2003mini is 261kb.

Make sure the neogeozip goes in bios_neogeo.hmod folder in libreto/system folder.

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
As Andy said..there are more than one neogeozip bioses out there..I use a total of 4 diff ones for diff games.The neogeozip I use and works for mame2003 &mame2003mini is 261kb.

Make sure the neogeozip goes in bios_neogeo.hmod folder in libreto/system folder.
upload_2017-3-23_11-40-52.png

exactly like byte mentions i had a super duper bios collection for raspberrypi setup but doesnt mean it will work here..myworking set as shown worked for me ..zipped this reduced set and place it back and reflashed hmod. works a treat (oh and a new usb port connection choice fixed my entire modules/gaming flashing being broken earlier lol)

Last edited by Piklz,
Reactions: ByteThis

bdazla

Trophies
XP
Country
So to be clear, instead of the command line argument saying "/bin/7z /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-RNEOT/Wonder_Boy.7z", it should just say "/bin/sms"

I do have the cores installed including genisys_plus already from installing the RetroArch 0.6

I did try to use "/bin/sms" on the game alex the kid and it didn't work for me. Is there something else i am missing?

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone having trouble running cores (emulators)-> be sure you always edit the command line from /bin/x to bin/"name of the core". You can always find the core's name you need to puth behind bin/ in the cores (.hmod) folder inside the bin folder.

Would you know by any chance what core can be installed to play Coleco Vision games??

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So to be clear, instead of the command line argument saying "/bin/7z /usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi/CLV-Z-RNEOT/Wonder_Boy.7z", it should just say "/bin/sms"

I do have the cores installed including genisys_plus already from installing the RetroArch 0.6

I did try to use "/bin/sms" on the game alex the kid and it didn't work for me. Is there something else i am missing?

only replace the /bin/7z for /bin/sms
Don't remove the rest

I do not know if this will work with 7z files

Last edited by Mad-Mega,
Reactions: AndyVr and bdazla

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7